Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Newbie July 2019 Alberta

Indirect shots fired about your wedding style

Megan, on December 31, 2016 at 02:40 Posted in Ontario 0 5
Im posting this as a scenario to get it out as easily as possible.
Okay. Say you and I are bff's and we get engaged around same time so we are inevitably talking about wedding plans together a lot. Say you want a rustic barn wedding. And the wedding party wearing cowboy boots. And this is something you've always wanted as long as everyone's on board with it. Say I went to my cousins wedding in the summer. Barn rustic shit kicker wedding and I came back from it and cut it down to its very last strand. Like brutally made fun of it. And then out of the goodness of your heart heard a tip about ivory dresses and pure white table clothes being a no no because the dress may look dirty in comparison and you passed that along as a valuable tip. Because maybe you were considering an off white dress. And you passed it along to me just in case you hadn't thought of the comparison factor either. And I respond with "oh I would never wear an ivory or offwhite dress. Reminds me of cigarette stained curtains. Dirty and gross. I'll only wear a pure white dress. "

Put yourself in the scenario. Would this eat you up knowing this girl is the one you're considering to be your MOH and knowing this is how she feels about the things you like?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanielarson, on January 4, 2017 at 02:30
  • Stephanielarson
    Frequent user July 2017 British Columbia
    Stephanielarson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe pick someone else to be your MOH. You want someone who supports you and helps you make the right decision. I had some silly ideas and my MOH had to talk me out of But she was nice about it. And she was right in the end. Who knows what she could say behind your back. Trust your gut
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends. As long as your MOH supports you, she doesn't have to support your style and she can do whatever she wants when it comes to her own wedding. It can be challenging to work with someone whose style or vision is so different than yours but it can be done. My sister was my MOH and we had VERY different visions of what a wedding should be but at the end of the day, she had my back and told us that she would do whatever she needed to in order to support us. At the wedding, she finally "got" it and said that she was so glad I didn't compromise on my vision!

• Caitlin
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would honestly choose someone else for MOH. You want a MOH who will support your decisions, stand by you when people are irritating and telling you what they would do, someone to keep your head on straight. If your MOH is opposite of that, I feel like you should reconsider. (But, it's not my wedding...)

I chose my sister to be my MOH. We are 16.5 years apart, but she's always supported me (in her own unique ways), she's willing to follow my style (which just so happens to be hers as well lol). She's strong-willed, and super organized so she's already on top of bridal parties, and setting up appointments, and finding good deals for my wedding... and I only asked her last weekend! She's been amazing - especially since the other of my bridesmaids seem to not really care at all Smiley tongue

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of my best friends for many years is a bridesmaid because she did the same thing. Everything I was shoeing her about my wedding she ripped to shreds. She was supposed to be my MOH. Her disposition was what prompted me to choose another for MOH. I was quite upset at the fact that she was way beyond being brutally honest.Being older she is very set in her ways and fair enough but I wanted the support so I decided to choose someone else. Hope you get it sorted out!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Megan, congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the community! To be honest, I think it is really rude to make fun of anyone wedding style. If someone likes a particular style, people who are close should support it and if they don't they need not be rude about it. If this person is someone you are considering to be part of your wedding, I would reconsider that option. Everyone is entitled their opinion but it's how it is done is something that should not be ignored and should be discussed privately among each other. Hope this helps.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics