Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sarah
Newbie July 2021 Ontario

Indian weddings, dancing/singing and covid questions

sarah, on March 14, 2021 at 19:14 Posted in Ontario 0 5

Hello,

My indian wedding (typically 5 day long wedding) is planned for first week July this year. I plan to go through with it despite what the restrictions are at that time. I had a few questions regarding the rules for each zone.

I was reviewing Ontario's color coded system and in Red to Green zones, it states 30% capacity for the room indoors or 100 people outdoors for Weddings, Religious services, Rites or Ceremony.

Do any of you know if this would apply to Sangeet Ceremony or Mehndi Night events also? Or does this only apply to the Wedding day? I will be postponing the reception.

Also, A Sangeet is typically a singing and dancing event, I was not able to find the details about singing and dancing for the zones on the website, for example: karaoke, couple dance at a party, dancing at your table, singing behind a pexi glass. Have any of you found the details of exactly what is or is not allowed during these zones as i am having a really hard time planning a Sangeet without any singing or dancing. Any ideas of other activities i can plan to keep my guests entertained if it is not allowed?

thanks for your help!

5 Comments

Latest activity by sarah, on March 14, 2021 at 21:06
  • sarah
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok, thank you Hank

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hard to say because none of the GTA regions have gone lighter than Red. Even if we base the case count on last summer, majority of the GTA would've been in the Red zone.

If you're in the GTA, you'd be wise to ignore that email that Doug Ford's office was sending out last summer because the local public health units specifically stated that dancing is prohibited.

• sarah
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Appreciate your responses Kelsie and Hank. How about in orange or yellow zones, do we know if dancing/singing is allowed?

I remember last August Doug Ford did send an e-mail to one member of this community last year stating in Phase 3 you were able to dance in your own social circle?

Yes, I was planning for the Indian sangeet & shagun ceremony to be in a staffed banquet hall, capacity of 300, so with approximately 80 people.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The 30% is for religious services and wedding ceremonies taking place inside a staffed venue or religious institution. If any of your events don't take place in a staffed business or church/temple, the private gathering count applies (ie 10 indoors for Red).

The majority of the GTA has prohibited singing and dancing at the moment since we're either in Red or Grey.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The 30% capacity indoors, to my understanding, applies to ceremony only - it doesn’t include a reception.

I would be happy for someone to tell me I’m wrong as our wedding has 325 invited...but that’s my understanding. I hope with the vaccinations things will be on the upward.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics