Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie June 2022 Ontario

In search of editor!

Jeff, on June 6, 2022 at 12:32 Posted in Ontario 0 3

Hi everyone,

We are looking for any recommendations and suggestions for an editor. We already have a videographer booked. However, he just recently informed us he can no longer do a same day edit for us and that is something we both REALLY want. We simply just need an editor. Please help! we are getting married in 12 days (June 18th 2022 in Milton, Ont).

3 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on June 7, 2022 at 17:48
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just a warning, it's going to be REALLY tough for someone to do a same day edit with footage they didn't shoot themselves. To have someone familiarize themselves with hours of unknown footage and try to piece together a decent cohesive narrative under time constraints is a huge ask. The result may not be the best video. Most pros likely won't do it, or they'll charge a hefty price for it. If you're willing to hold out until after the wedding, I would do that and get a better cut that you can show friends and family.

If you absolutely want a same-day edit, I would ask the videographer for a suggestion as he'll likely have worked with someone. Or message the faculty heads of the local film schools (in your case, Sheridan College) offering a paid gig to do an edit.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would also post in your local wedding sell/swap groups on Facebook. You might be able to find someone who does editing
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jeff,

Have you tried wedding groups in your location on Facebook? Even just putting an add out there, you would be surprised, also I would ask your videographer if he can recommend someone for you.

Not sure if you've seen this or if it would be helpful, worth a try.

Video Editing & Post Production Services Online | Upwork

Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics