Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2023 British Columbia

In need of ideas for our micro wedding ceremony!!

Katherine, on August 16, 2022 at 22:54 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 6
Hello!

Our wedding is just about a year away, and we are having 15-20 guests at our wedding. Currently it will be in the Rockies beside a lake. I am stumped on a few things
1. We are not having bridesmaids/groomsmen. Should my partner walk down the aisle, then I follow shortly after?
2. Every wedding I’ve been to, there has been a location for the bride to “hide behind” we don’t have that. It’s an open area and a bit of treck to get to. Any ideas?
3. Music. We don’t want a live band, I am walking down to a specific song, but idk how to ensure that the music will work without being overkill.
4. Color scheme. There’s only so many guests so we wanted everyone in a similar Color, for photo sake. Is that too much?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on August 18, 2022 at 09:25
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

1. You partner can still walk down the aisle to his song, you can even have both sets of parents as well. then you have your main entrance with your song.

2. You can set up an arch with a cloth hanging and hide behind that, also makes a nice place for pictures afterwards.

3. Music I just have lists on spotify, 1. groom walk down, 2. bride walk down, 3 seating and dinner music, 4. exit music and so on, I designated my MC to handle all of that since it will be Bluetooth on the speaker and he has control over it.

4. Depending on your color scheme it might be hard to get everyone to match, or even want to buy new outfits especially if they are not part of the wedding, peoples might buy different shades also might be hard for the boys to find depending on your colors. You could just ask the parents and siblings to be in your colors and the rest of the guest could wear what they want and still look good for pictures.

• Stevie
    Frequent user September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m having a small wedding too and On the same day!!

I am still going to have my father walk me down the isle and my partner will have hers walk her down after me, but we aren’t doing a wedding party either!
    You can probably find a place just out of view to stand until you’re ready to walk and if not, just have your partner turn away until you start walking and it will be perfect!
    I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a colour scheme for guests as long as you give sufficient notice.
    I hope we can connect and share tips and ideas. So excited for you, congrats!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally wouldn't tell your guests what color they need to wear. Unless it's black tie not everyone looks good in a certain color. You can still have your color scheme through your decor!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding ceremony timings can be tricky if you plan it right.

You both don't have to keep a short time in between to walk in for the procession. You can wait until he does get up to his spot and have some of the family to hold up cloth large enough to make your entrance from everyone seeing you. The music can be played by someone else if the playlist is created particularly for the entrance.

You have a small intimate wedding and the colours you choose to have for ceremony and carried over for reception can be anything you want. Simple is better and smaller if you have to transport it from one location to another.

• K
    Beginner September 2023 British Columbia
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for your insight! I think we’ll bring a small table to hold the speaker and have someone designate to turn it on and off, thank you!
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! I am also doing a small wedding in the mountains! I would suggest these things:

1. Yes, have your partner walk down the aisle, then you follow shortly after.

2. Since you don't have a specific spot to hide behind, I suggest have your partner turn around until you walk down the aisle. And then the officiant can give a signal for him to turn around.

3. I would have someone as a designated speaker holder. Get a Bluetooth one the person in charge can have the song ready to play as you start walking.

4. I don't think its too much. I would say on your details card of your wedding invitations that there is a dress code and for more information to check out the website and on your wedding website have the photos of colors people should follow.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics