Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Frequent user September 2024 Nova Scotia

Important Photos

Kelly, on July 10, 2019 at 07:48 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 14

What are some of the shots you guys are set on your photographer capturing?

I'm trying to make a list of priority shots to pass along to my photographer but am having some trouble and wanted some outside input! Smiley smile

14 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on July 11, 2019 at 13:21
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem Kelly! I'm also trusting that my photographer will get all the important shots, she is the professional lol

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Https://pin.it/lkelrgk4hqupxs
  • K
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be awesome if you could link your board!! Thank you so muchSmiley smile

• K
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are so right, and I know my photographer will do a great job at getting some lovely shots... I think I may just be finding new things to stress about

• K
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good idea! Thanks for the tip!

• K
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome list! Definitely adding some of these to mine, thanks Allison!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This topic is good to know that my photographer did ask to have pictures put together on pinterest to view as they get ideas of what is important to you. This was a good way for him to view my photos personally.

This may be the best way if your photographer has pinterest, they can easily search your name and view what they need.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only list I'm giving my photographer is the must have family photo combos (she actually provided me a template for filling in). She is also putting together a photography schedule that includes getting ready, first look, wedding party, ceremony, reception, golden hour.

Otherwise, I trust her. She's a professional; she knows what shes doing. Part of why we hired her was so that we could leave it all in her hands and not worry about it.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have quite the list lol. My hand with my wedding ring with my mom and his mom and our grandmothers all overlapping to show the generations of married women. One wear I'm at the bar pretending to do a shot while the groomsmen pretend to be passed out drunk around me. FH and I trying to kiss while the wedding party tries to pull us apart. I've got a pinterest board if you want me to link it for you.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm more focused on candid shots as the day happens vs. formal posed photos. I know I definitely want reaction shots of me walking down the aisle, my FH's reaction, exchanging vows and rings, signing the license, first kiss. I also want the ceremony set up before guests arrive, so the photographer can see all the details

I also want some getting ready photos with my bridesmaids as well as the standard hanging dress photo, the accessories (rings, shoes, jewelry, bouquet) before I put them on, etc.

For the reception, I would like to have the hall empty so the photographer gets the room. I also like getting photos of each table, the speech-givers, and cake cutting/first dance.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have gone through so many websites and pinterest to find lists. You will get your basic couple shots, bridal party shots. You want parent shots (Both B&G with Bride Parents, same with Groom Parents, just bride with parents, just groom with parents)

You may want some with your flower girl and ring bearer if you have them.

Specific sibling shots are nice to have.

When it comes to extended family, we are doing one big group photo with each side of the family.

Your photographer will be really good if you ask them for input too!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found that Pinterest was my best friend for getting pictures that I knew were must-haves for my engagement shoot! I haven't started a board for wedding pics yet though..

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My photographer is 9 hours so I wrote a more extensive list in categories : getting ready, before ceremony, after ceremony, reception, and other (venue, accessories etc)

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only list we are giving them is for the family photos so they can call out peoples names and they come up for photos with us.

So itll be like us and my parents, us and his parents, us and my sibling, us and his siblings, us and his grandparents, etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics