Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taryn
Beginner September 2018 Alberta

If you're not sending out Save the Dates, when should your invitations go out?!

Taryn, on January 12, 2018 at 17:24 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

Hi all!

I do not want to spend the extra money to send out save the dates. So how many weeks before the wedding is an appropriate time period to send out the invitations?

Thanks Smiley smile

7 Comments

Latest activity by Cathrine, on January 25, 2018 at 09:05
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also did email save the dates. A little photoshop and we were done. We sent them out to people via email and Facebook. We are also doing email invitations. I know it's not proper wedding etiquette to email invitation but i can't justify the money on paper that is just going to get thrown out by most people.

Our Save the DateIf you're not sending out Save the Dates, when should your invitations go out?! 1

We sent the Save the Date's out in January and we plan on sending the invitation out early February with a deadline to RSVP by March 9th.

• Joyann
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Joyann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are sending them out in late Feb or early March and our wedding is mid July.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is just me personally but we are sending our invites about 5-6 months before the wedding. I did a small FB group for the "Save The Date" I had 3 purposes for the group:

1) save the date

2) gather last minute addresses that I am missing

3) get an idea for the number of +1s that will attend the wedding so we can amend our guest list/count

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2-3 months before the day is the time to send thr invites out.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Send your save the dates via e-mail, that's what we did. We found an online template and made it our own and then sent it to everyone we would be inviting.

We sent out our invitations in about March-April 2017 and got married September 2017. We had an RSVP date in July so that we had enough time to run after people if they were late.

I have always thought that the sooner the better for invitations especially if you have lots of people traveling to be there.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A few months for sure! That way you give them time to make sure they are available and send their RSVP and also gives you time to track down those that didn't send an RSVP. We are getting married June 2019 and will be sending invites out in March 2019
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will send them out in February and our wedding is late July.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics