Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Beginner September 2024 Ontario

If you had a weekday wedding, how many people attended vs how many you invited?

Michelle, on June 8, 2023 at 21:53 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

I'm having a Thursday wedding and we totally understand there may be fewer people able to attend or stay until the end of the night. I'd love to know what the range may be of guests RSVPing yes vs no. I've read different articles about expecting about 20%(ish) of people to RSVP no, and that this number would likely increase with a weekday wedding, but I have no idea by how much. We may end up being able to invite more people if we expect a higher number not to attend, but I don't want to risk everyone showing up and us paying way more than we anticipated.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Daily, on June 18, 2023 at 14:26
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a Thursday wedding in August 2022. Like everyone said depends on your guests. Since I was legally married prior to the wedding, I just want a reception but at the same time, I want the traditional aspect of walking down the aisle. So our ceremony starts at 5pm. I’d say 30 mins max and followed by reception. Food was ready 6:10pm. In between we had our photos taken with family members and friends. I think my number was 77 the day of 4 people don’t show up after RSVP yes. However, we would able to fill up the spot by letting some of my family’s friends bring their kids. I don’t want empty chairs!! Knowing myself, I want full attendance! Our night ended around 10pm. Pretty early for me!! Like my mother in law and coworker said, people who wants to be there, will show up regardless of a weekday wedding😁 best of luck to you on your big day!!💕If you had a weekday wedding, how many people attended vs how many you invited? 1
    If you had a weekday wedding, how many people attended vs how many you invited? 2

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I created a website on the knot to share with friends and family. It allows you to invite people to to some or all of the events.

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hadn't considered that, thank you!

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The ceremony will be at about 4pm and many guests will be local! I hadn't thought of inviting people in batches like that, thank you!!

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree, it depends on the ceremony time. You may also have some that can make the reception but not the ceremony...

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That would really depend on your guests. The people that really want to be apart of your day will be there no matter what! My husband and I had a Sunday wedding last summer and we had originally invited 67 guests and our final number was 41.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Having a weekday wedding you will for sure not get as many attending as a weekend wedding. You also have to factor out of town guests, they may use that as there vacation or say no because they used up their vacation.

If you are going to invite 100 maybe consider inviting 20 more? It honestly depends who you are inviting as well if it's all people you are close with that wouldn't miss it for the world that keep it at 100 and don't go up, if it's family friends, or your families Neighbours they may just say no.

I invited 40 people and I know these people wouldn't miss it for the world and it's friends that are my family and my family.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It honestly depends on what your agenda for the day is. If everyone is in town and you start your festivities at 6pm or later and end at 11pm, you'll probably get most of your guest list. But if you have a 2pm ceremony followed by a gap and dinner somewhere far where people either have to take time off work or commute through major rush hour traffic, you'll get less people.

Depending on your situation, I would invite guests in batches. Get RSVPs from all the people you absolutely want to attend by no later than end of June 2024. Then in July, depending on how many spaces you have left, invite the remaining guest list in order of preference. Due to your timeline, I would also use digital invites and RSVPs instead of traditional snail mail as this will expedite your answers and you can send more invites out faster if need be.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics