Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tiffany
Frequent user August 2023 Ontario

I’m need of inspiration

Tiffany, on January 11, 2022 at 16:49 Posted in Ontario 0 7
I am so lost right now. We were supposed to get married last year but Covid out a no-go on that. Now our venue is un-attainable money wise as they have severely increased the price with Covid.

We were lucky enough to get our deposit back. But now I am stuck as to what to do or were to begin again. Feel bummed. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on January 11, 2022 at 19:03
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100% you got this and we are always here.
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have to remember that whatever is right for us…is what is right. It’s hard when there are so many voices. But this!! This is what I needed to hear.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We really have had to think of many plans during all this. We really thought about a microwedding as well. If we didn't have so much down in deposits we probably would have gone with that. Our current venue has an amazing microwedding you can have up to 50 people. They decorate, the officiant, live music, flowers, some food, beer, wine and juices for a really good price. Maybe something like that would be an option too.... Whatever feels right for you is the perfect wedding.
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is great advice!!! Thank you. I feel rejuvenated already!!!
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the kind words. Covid really has taken a beating on is Brides and Grooms. I have everything I need (decor wise) even my dress. I just and lost with a venue. I think that’s what’s really making it hard right now
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear this Tiffany, COVID sure has made life difficult.

I would decide on what is most important to you and your FH and go from there. If you are getting married in a church can you rent the basement or does a family member have a bigger backyard that you can use?

Best of luck!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if you start backwards and figure out what you really need to make your wedding perfect you'll be happier. First you need a licence, officiant and witnesses. All you would have had to pay with your venue. Now can you find a nice chapel or outdoor space you'd enjoy getting married at? Maybe only invite the most important people. We actually got under 25 once we did that. Then maybe scale down to a nice dinner with just those people.... Then you can sort of pick and choose what to add that you can afford. At the end of the day being qith friends, family and the ones you love will make it the best day. Good luck.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics