Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Master June 2020 Ontario

I don't want to invite you

Zoë, on July 4, 2017 at 04:23 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

Hello everyone!

Last question is a tricky one. We all have that one person you really don't want to come to your wedding, but you can't say no too.

If you could choose one person to not invite , who would it be? Smiley heart

giphy.gif

I don't want to invite you 1

pinterest

I hope you liked the game!! Smiley heart

Happy day!

If you want to ask a question or share ideas, open here a new discussion.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 19:05
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband invited one acquaintance who i don't like cause she accepted to come out when invited personally and called out last minute. She tried to follow throughout the reception and didn't say a word to her. I warned him beforehand that I'm not focusing on her as i have others i will be entertained by.

She ended up being a lost puppy wanting my attention and never got it. My mom was surprised she got invited. That's the only ons guest i would say i would never have again ever!

Another person who was my husband's owner daughter's friend tried inviting herself and literally said NO!
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not inviting who I feel do not know my fiancee and I well enough to be apart of special day. For example my dad wants me to invite all of his side of the family but over 90% of them I have only seen once in the last 12 years.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I literally didn't invite ppl I didn't want to. No one from my moms side is coming lol
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't really have that. I have a cousin and aunt who annoy me but I wouldn't be stressed out about them coming.
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have talked about this and there really aren't too many people who we don't want to invite.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My grandmother- Not even sure if she will come as she lives overseas anyway(All my extended family does), but yeah. Basically she's very 'Woe is me' but is manipulative about it. So I went to visit last year and my dad told her I was coming, then she tried to pretend she didn't hear anything about it after she booked herself a vacation that was during my trip. I messaged her apologising for not saying anything (thinking maybe I was wrong maybe we hadn't said anything) and tried to schedule a day we could meet up as she was back from her trip like five days before I was going home. She goes "Oh I don't want to bother you, it would be really hard to schedule, just enjoy your trip" despite there being multiple options and that I only see her every couple of years at best. Found out later my dad had mentioned it to her.

Not the first time, not the last. Is it bad I'm hoping she just can't make it?

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't invite anyone we don't want at wedding.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me, it's one of my cousin's girlfriend... she's abusive in all kinds of ways but he can't leave her cause she's threatened to take his daughters away from him...
    For my FH, it's a different one of my cousin's husband. They used to be friends but they had a pretty bad falling out (the police were involved)...
    But we both want my cousins there... and we can't exactly invite one half of the couple... haha
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my step brothers. He's embarrassing and just plain stupid. I don't really like him on the best of days and the only reason i'm inviting him is because it would hurt my step dads feelings.

My fiance would rather skip inviting one of his brothers, but i'm fine with it-as long as they don't argue over stupid things like usual.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only person I really don't want there, is my fiancé's sister. Her and I were in a car accident back in 2013 and she is now suing me and the lady that T-boned us so I am involved in a court case with her and everything she says in the case is a blatant lie and the case is still happening and she admits she just wants money. She also drinks a lot and when she does, she becomes really stupid and embarrassing and I don't want her acting that way at my wedding. Her and I have been trying to make amends for my fiancé's sake, but it is extremely hard for me and inviting her to the wedding is a big step for me.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wish I could say that there is no one I wouldn't really want there but there is...sort of. One of my FH's sisters is someone that I don't necessarily want in attendance as she can have a bit of an attitude and be a little melodramatic. Most of the time she is fine but it is always at the back of my mind.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can't think of anyone I wouldn't want there!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, I have not this happen. We made sure to invite those we wanted at our wedding.
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can't really think of anyone on our list that I'm not happy about... So that's a good thing! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics