Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

I do BBQ success!

Kelly, on June 24, 2019 at 12:57 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

Oh gosh! I'm SO TIRED today! But its a good tired. We had our BBQ couple's shower yesterday and it was so wonderful. Just feeling really grateful.

Showers are so weird though, right? Like its SUPER awkward opening all the gifts in front of everybody. It was nice that both my fiance and I were able to tag team it. There were a couple duplicate things, and a few items we didn't register for lol. Has anybody ever had this with Bed Bath and Beyond where random things appear on your registry? I looked at our registry today, and stuff we received but definitely didn't add ourselves is now on the there. Super weird!

If you're like me and not super traditional, and want to do a co-ed couple's shower, I highly recommend it. I've been to so many ladies showers where everybody left right after gifts, but this was so laid back. and everybody was having such a good time that the party just kept going. Lots of our loved ones got to meet for the first time, and there was lots of "see you in September!" as people left which is awesome.

Its difficult to soak it all in. Especially the gifts. I feel like it was hard to really take in all the stuff we were receiving. Its a little overwhelming. Going to spend some time tonight going through all the cards and gifts together.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on June 25, 2019 at 20:24
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds the BBQ was a hit and everyone had a good time. Gifts can always be given off the registry or not taken off the list once bought. I'm sure you can take them back to get something else you want without the guest knowing about it. The thought is there and sometimes unknown that its bought already by someone else.

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay...so apparently if somebody buys you something from your registry, and then some things not from your registry, BBB adds them to it. It shows as Want: 0, Purchased: 1.

Maybe its a safeguard for the couple so they can return things easier lol.

We got a few mystery items too that we can't return. So I guess we have 2 random grey towels now haha

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah! It was SO lovely!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's amazing and overwhelming how generous people can be. I haven't had a wedding shower but when I had a baby shower I cried for 3 days over how much love and generosity was shown. It could also have been the hormones lol!! So glad that your day was awesome.

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sure they will. I think they said you could return things on your registry without a receipt pretty easily.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YES!! I just registered at BB&B and tried using their app and everything that I swiped to the no pile was added to my registry!!!

Glad to hear it was a success!!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like such a fun time! Weird about the duplicate items on your registry (and mystery items!). Will Bed, Bath, and Beyond let you exchange them?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds awesome! My shower isn’t co-Ed per say but my FH will be there.

We arent opening gifts (or cards because that’s what most of the gifts will likely be) at the shower. Like you said it can be awkward!

It sounds like a fun time was had by everyone though which is the most important part!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d never considered a co-ed shower! what a great idea!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So glad to hear it was a success. I find that co-ed showers (both wedding and baby) are starting to become more popular. It really includes everyone which is great!

I always said I didn't want a big shower, so I am having 2 separate ones, but even that will be awkward lol

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am happy to hear all went well! And thats so weird about the registry. At least you can return duplicates or things you didn't register for. It can definatly be overwhelming how much you get and takes time to find a place for it and all of that. Will be exciting to use all of it!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm glad it was a success, and I totally agree with you on how weird/awkward showers are!

I had a talk with my mom about shower expectations - I know I can't persuade her to do a co-ed but we are having a co-ed bbq right afterwards so we get more of party vibe! My mom is also on board with keeping the shower itself fun, but she's also trying to keep parts of it a surprise so I'm a little anxious about it, but I know it'll be fine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics