Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How will you and your SO ring in the New Year together?

Joey, on December 29, 2018 at 14:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 22

How do you and your partner like to welcome in the new year? House parties, time with family, a romantic date night, out watching fireworks? How will you and your special someone ring in 2019?

How will you and your SO ring in the New Year together? 1

Photo by Yueko Image in Calgary

22 Comments

Latest activity by Leah, on January 2, 2019 at 20:12
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We napped, woke up at 11:45pm, watched the ball drop, jumped into the new year, toasted, danced it out to my favourite NYE song, called/texted a bunch of folks, and were asleep by 1:30am. 💜

The Black on White Affair - Auld Lang Syne

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé is a city transit bus driver, and the city offers free transit from 5 pm to 3 am on NYE - so he was working. He was home by 11 pm, however, and we watched a movie on the couch - paused it at 12 am and kissed, then finished the movie and went to bed!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ugh I wish girl!! ❤️
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you were closer, I would say come on by! Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Going to my bro in law and sis in laws hours for an hour or so after work (we want to see our neice as she was with her mom for Christmas). and then to a friends house party.

we almost always do a house party. love them!

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Party at our house... we usually just have a few friends over and keep it fairly low key.
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to one of his friend's house parties! She makes tons of Jello shots all the time so it should be good!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Last year we went to a friends house that was just having a few people over but we were still hiding the fact that we were engaged so it was kind of like our little secret moment at midnight when we kissed and rung in the new year as an engaged couple Smiley smile

This year we are going to a friends house party and it should be awesome!! Nothing special - but good games and good times with friends.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Last year we were in Montreal and we watched the fireworks.. but this year we are in Saskatoon and we aren't sure what to do! we will probably hangout with some friends, and I know there's a big party going on at Prairieland park which is just a couple blocks from our house!

• L
    Newbie January 2019 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going on a sunrise hike! Leaving the city at 5:00am on New Years Day and then welcoming the year by watching the sun rise on Mount Yamnuska!

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just at home with board games.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are hosting a “Bob Ross Paint Night” for New Years with about a dozen friends! We did it a couple years ago and it was a hit so thought we’d would bring it back!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually have no plans since I'm working (hopefully done by 11). So if anyone wants to have some stragglers drop by around 1130 just say the word lol.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are at home with my family and their friends! It’s also my dad’s birthday at midnight so we get two celebrations Smiley smile
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We like to keep things low key! We’ll be celebrating with a dinner at my parents house and with my family over. Then my siblings, plus our significant others stay up and play board games / have BBT to ring in the New Year together. Has been our tradition for a few years now
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We usually chill at our friends' house and drink/play game, but this year both our guys are working that night so it's just us girls!

My FH and I will ring in the new year on New Years Day - no plans yet lol

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He works until 6am new years eve-new years day and I work both days so i will be in bed by 9 or so 😂. I'll get my new years kiss at 6am when he gets home thoughSmiley smile
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Drinking at his friends’ house. They have a party every new year and honestly it’s super chill but a lot of fun!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're at my parents house for the holidays - Dec 23rd to Jan 1... so we've been just relaaaaaxing... we'll be doing some sort of special dinner, have some of my parent's friends over, have some drinks, and ring in the New Year.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Drinking at my in laws! Just a nice chill night and a place to stay if we need it!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Drunk at a friends place!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll most likely chill with our friends, either at their house (hot tub included Smiley winking ) and/or by going skating at the local pond with some spiked hot coco.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics