Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious August 2021 Ontario

How to word "save the New Dates" for weddings affected by Covid-19

Sabrina, on August 14, 2020 at 16:59 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who planned a large wedding (e.g., of 125+) and chose to postpone: Are you planning for worst and/or best case scenario? My partner and I really don't know how to go about the Save the New Dates because we don't know what restrictions will be in place (if any at that time - June 2021). Our venue is currently limited to 50 guests indoors so if, for example, we find ourselves in similar circumstances by our new wedding date then we would have to essentially tell a lot of people they can't come. It's so tough. We don't know what to do.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Sabrina, on August 20, 2020 at 13:44
  • S
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for all of your input. I think we need to have one more conversation with our venue and play around with some STD re-wordings. I would hope that people are more mindful and empathic now more than ever because we are all trying to plan our weddings in a really difficult and uncertain period.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I postponed our August 8 2020 wedding to August 7 2021 back in May and when we told everyone this is what we had written:

And if we have to change how many people we can have at our wedding by next summer then i'm sure we'll figure that out when the time comes

How to word "save the New Dates" for weddings affected by Covid-19 1

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are in the same situation. We were supposed to be married on August 8 and we postponed to August 2021. I was thinking of sending new re save the dates but I've been questioning that for the same reason. Part of me says just to send them out anyways. And if worse case scenario we have to make some cuts we would cross that bridge when we came to it. All of this makes making these decisions very difficult.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Originally we were going to send save the dates for 250 people for a December wedding before everything locked down. Once lockdown happened and the situation got worse, we decided to not send save the dates and just wait it out and see what we can do about invites when the time comes.

It's likely we'll move to March and we'll have a A and B list, with the A list being only the 50 that's allowed if we're in still Stage 3. Should things change for the better after the invites have gone out but far enough before our numbers are locked, we can invite the B list. We'll also understand if it's too short notice for some but it is what it is.

You have quite some time before you scheduled date. If you still want to send save the dates, you can do so later this year but personally I would only do so to the 50 you can retain if we're stuck in Stage 3. Rescinding an invite is worst than not being invited in my opinion.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics