Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Curious August 2021 Prince Edward Island

How to stop the tears? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Katherine, on March 24, 2020 at 09:25 Posted in WeddingWire 0 5
I cry SO easily and I know there will be lots of (happy) tears on my day and I donโ€™t know how to make them stop or prevent them from starting haha

5 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on April 9, 2020 at 16:53
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHAHA i dont know if you can stop this lol!!

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also cry at everything. I think a first look would help, or rehearsing your vows like everyone else suggested....along with waterproof mascara lol

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Caitlyn! Try to rehearse your vows and hopefully once the day comes it will be a bit easier. I'm an emotional person, as is my entire family and this is something I'm worried about too lol
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Trying to rehearse your vows can help.

My bridesmaid also shared with me that for her wedding her planner told her that whenever she felt like she was about to cry to stop and take three deep breaths.
    Iโ€™m a very emotional person and it really showed on our wedding day. We didnโ€™t do a first look. Try not to be self conscious about the idea of crying. Our guests said that our emotions and crying really added to the wedding and made it more touching.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, this is why I wanted to have a first look. Being able to see each other all decked out before the big aisle walk I think will just lessen that sudden shock and the abundant amount of happiness that will inevitably bubble up and over of seeing your partner at the other end of aisle. I will no doubt cry happy tears at the first look, but it's better than doing it in front of 50+ people in my opinion๐Ÿ˜… but then I know I won't be able to stop them during our vows, so it's gonna happen no matter what. Maybe practicing reading things to your partner, not necessarily your actual vows if you want to keep them secret until the big day, but meaningful things, or just keep your vows more lighthearted.

I honestly don't think it's something you'll be able to control or plan for, it's a big moment for you and FH and it's a day about love and companionship and just overall emotion. Some of the most beautiful wedding photos I've seen are actually ones with tears in them, so try not to fuss over them too much๐Ÿ™‚

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics