Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

First
Curious August 2021 Ontario

How to pick a florist?

First, on March 10, 2020 at 21:14 Posted in Ontario 1 13

Hi Everyone!

I'm very excitedly planning my wedding and booking vendors, but the florist really has me stumped. How do you pick a florist? What process did you go through to pick your florist? I don't really know where to begin, since I want fairly simple (but nice) flowers at my ceremony and reception. Any suggestions? Or, better yet, recommendations for florists in the GTA that are good, but also wont break the bank?

Thank you! (and congratulations to you all on your engagements... very exciting times!)

13 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on March 17, 2020 at 11:12
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on your engagement and so excited for you!!

I hear you!! The florist decision had me stumped as well as I had absolutely no clue .. flowers are flowers, right? Thankfully our wedding planner picked out 4 or 5 florists and we only ended up meeting with one - she was our first appointment we loved her right away!

We ended up going with Jen - http://www.luvwithflowers.com/

We are getting my bride bouquet, 7 bridesmaids bouquets, 4 groomsmen boutonnières , 4 corsages & 4 boutonnières for family members, bridal crown, 12 centerpieces, 12 table runners, 2 large reception flower arrangements, head table flower arrangements, welcome sign decor - all of this for $2750.00

Other places that I know people have used are: http://fromthepottingshed.com/, grandfloralstudio.com

Good luck Smiley smile

• Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Nicole!

We used International Florist in Woodbridge! Tony is the owner. He is fabulous!

• First
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    First ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Francesca! Thanks so much for your reply. Could you please tell me what the name of the florist is that you used?

• Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a lot of research and then ended up using the same florist my family has been using for years! I took photos to different florists and had them price out everything for me, give me different ideas on how I can make it look similar without costing so much, etc. A lot of places I looked at for fairly simple florals (simple whites and greenery) wanted to charge almost $8,000-$9,000. We ended up sticking with the same florist and it only costing us $4,000.

We are getting 6 bridesmaids bouquets, bride bouquets, 6 grooms man and groom boutonnière , 6 corsages, 5 boutonnière for family, 20 Tall centerpieces, 2 table garlands, and 2 7 foot floral arrangements for our ceremony.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Research research research!! i dont care for flowers so i order fake flowers and bouquets and everything from aliexpress.com but if you want real flowers i would suggest costco my friends have gotten from there and theyre amazing and cheap. mine looks something like this with jewels on it and it was $40

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000166380104.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.747e16c2j8xj6F&algo_pvid=d1a9db20-3dda-4de2-b586-bc7dd3c6ee1a&algo_expid=d1a9db20-3dda-4de2-b586-bc7dd3c6ee1a-18&btsid=0be3743b15839448824597175e90aa&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You’ll definitely want to do a little research before you go about what kind of plants you’re into. Good florists are very good at helping you narrow down the details, but they will need something to go off of. Honestly as someone whose had floral woes, trust your gut. We went with the cheaper one and ended up going back to the one we wanted anyway.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Right choice linens. The ladies are super amazing. I got quoted at $11 000 from a place in Cambridge and I was like nopeee. My friends used them so I knew what they looked like. They gave me a much better deal for a lot more
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Finding the right florist is a tough one. I was going to do it all myself, but adding that to the day before/day of is a little much. I used google maps to see who is local, checked out their reviews, contacted ones I liked their stuff on their websites and social media. I am still deciding, have it narrowed down to 2 because the others were too expensive or only wanted to do what they like. Smiley sad Be careful and make sure you are getting what you want! Good luck!

• Margaret
    Curious December 2021 Ontario
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im having the same dilemma!
    I am trying to find a florist who also offers decor rentals (I.e candles, vases and arches)

I’ve made a couple appointments and I’m hoping I can find someone who can do it all!
  • M
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Monika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I picked the same florist a friend of mine used at her wedding. I was a bridesmaid at that wedding and I LOVED her flowers. She is also very reasonably priced.

Mariana at Bridal Blossoms is the florist. I highly recommend her (she is in Mississauga)

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I contacted 2 florists that came recommended from our venue. From there, I gave them a list of everything I wanted with inspiration photos and they came back with a quote. I ultimately chose the cheaper of the two.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom recommended Italflorist, who she used at her wedding, and they’re the best!

I didn’t bother even looking at any other florists! They’re in the Rexdale area of Toronto. Check them out if that’s nearby to you!
  • K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sent out emails to a few popular ones (word of mouth, google reviews, scans of website) and then I narrowed it down based on who actually responded to the email, who I liked better, who was a preferred vendor at our venue etc. I met with 3, and the I knew that the first one was it for me. I found I really had to go to the appointments and get a look at their products, pricing and had to get along with the person. I was not disappointed!!!!
    I’m using Westdale Florist in Hamilton- and they are absolutely amazing!
    Happy finding❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics