Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lisa
Expert August 2019 Alberta

How to honor my best friend?

Lisa, on August 9, 2018 at 13:43 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6

Hi all,

Looking for some advice and ideas. My adult children will be standing up with me on our wedding day (moh and bridesman), and my fh is having his best buddy and daughter stand with him. I'm quite non-traditional and don't care if we have even numbers in the wedding party, but it bothers him, so I'm sticking with two on my side as well to respect his opinion. (He hasn't been a jerk about it or anything, so that's not an issue, I'm just respecting his vision for our day as well).

My best friend of 40 years will obviously be in attendance, and although she won't officially be in my wedding party, I'd like to honor her in some way. We aren't getting married in a church, so won't have any readings, etc... Any ideas on how I can still have her feel like a super important and special part of my day?

Thanks in advance!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on August 12, 2018 at 16:36
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for all the great ideas everyone! I’ll figure out which options are best for her and incorporate them for sure!
  • Ashley
    Beginner February 2020 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can do a best friend dance, what was a song you both got your groove on to? Or was a good confort song? And say a brief speach that says how awesome she is and how you want to meet her on the dance floor to your fav song! But a speach is traditional and emotional. All ideas are awesome!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your best friend could say a poem of some kind at the ceremony and give a speech at the reception. This way she is being part of the wedding. Thank her in the speech and talk how much of a good friend she is all throughout your life.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely mentioning her in your speech or asking her to give a speech if she would like to is a great way to include her. Also, including her in the morning while you are getting ready is a great way to make someone feel included.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Could she sit with you at the head table during the reception? Mentioning her during your speech would be a good one too, thanking her for all the years of friendship and how much she means to you. I totally get it! We have decided to just have our kids stand up with us during the ceremony, forgoing any bridal party. But for the reception we will have friends sit at our table and give the kids their own table close to us. It’s hard to find a balance, that’s for sure!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could have her do a speech like a MOH would at the wedding reception? And even mention her as an honourary bridesmaid?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics