Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie September 2019 Ontario

How to find the perfect ceremony venue???

Jennifer, on August 11, 2017 at 10:33 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 3
My fiance and I are getting married in September 2019. We are looking for a church to host our ceremony however we are not religious and currently do not attend a church. How do we go about the search? We have seen some beautiful Catholic churches but we are currently not Catholic. What would be the best way to secure a spot to have a beautiful ceremony?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Sonja, on August 14, 2017 at 10:51
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're not Catholic, check with the United Church. They would marry you without the hassle. It's more expensive if you're not a member but if you want a church, try that one.

• J
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great suggestion Laura. I'll speak with a priest directly and see if there is any wiggle room. Thank you
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Catholic church may be tough because one of you needs to be Catholic. You could always attempt to speak with the priests at the church to see what the options are with the location, but just be prepared that the may not be super flexible with what the expectations are with getting married there. I don't want to put a damper on it, but the church can be a little strict.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics