Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Curious June 2022 Alberta

How to decorate poles/supporting pillars indoor?

Karolina, on June 15, 2021 at 20:22 Posted in DIY 0 13
Hi everyone,

My partner and I are getting married next year and we already chose the venue. However no matter how much I look at it, I can't come up with any good ideas how to decorate the poles the venue has.
Any pocket friendly suggestions? 🤗 Everything I liked is either super pricey or you have to have some talents to pull it off... 🙄
Help me, please, my fellow brides to be. 👰How to decorate poles/supporting pillars indoor? 1

How to decorate poles/supporting pillars indoor? 2
How to decorate poles/supporting pillars indoor? 3

13 Comments

Latest activity by Karolina, on July 6, 2021 at 14:27
  • K
    Karolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 😊😊 I was looking at sooo many garland options and found very good prices in Costco for live greenery and for flowers too. I will work with that ☺️☺️
    I do want to add some pictures of us growing up and than our life together, etc.. ❤️❤️
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So many options with the pillars. It really depends on the vibe you want. We are having a family tree that I'm hanging photos of deceased family (parents etc) you could do something like that. On the bar area, just some greenery. Be careful with curtains and lights - you need to make sure they are not a fire hazard. Plus what you're hanging/stringing might get knocked. You can also use fishing line to string items such as the heads of flowers, pinecones etc. Check your facebook marketplace to see what others are getting rid of. We have found so many items on there. Good Luck!

• Megan
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I love the little LED string lights idea!

• K
    Karolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was such a great idea that already started to look through couple of options. Even looking at LED string light with clothes pins. 🥰🥰

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OH the greenery would be awesome addition too! At a wedding I went to way back, they did the pictures all around this huge fireplace that awkwardly was in the middle of the venue and it really tied it into the wedding having the pictures all the way around it!

• K
    Karolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Kristen. I was actually looking at similar things on Etsy. I really like the cheesecloth style table runners, napkins and such. Was thinking to have similar things to wrap on the posts too. 😜
  • Kirsten
    Beginner June 2022 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could hang ikea Lill curtains and have fairy lights underneath if that’s a vibe you like!
  • K
    Karolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    OMG.. that's a great idea.. 😯😯 maybe mixed with a little greenery it would be great! Thank you. ☺️☺️
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Could get some Twine string and small clothes pins and wrap the twine around the poles and put pictures of you guys growing up/you guys during your relationship/ friends/family/qoutes on them? I got jute rope from the dollar store for super cheap!

• K
    Karolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, Michelle. This is what I was thinking. Mostly looking at Etsy. Trying to find something realistic looking.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since we're going for a plant-y earthy boho theme we're wrapping faux greenery vines around the pillars at our venue

• K
    Karolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the tip. I'll look into it 😊😊
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Uplighting. You can rent them with your DJ package. Just place one light per pole.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics