Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie September 2023 Alberta

How to Cover This Mirror?

Megan, on August 28, 2023 at 23:56 Posted in DIY 0 5

Hey Everyone!

So, my venue has a 3ft tall mirror that runs the length of one wall - the same wall that the ceremony and first dance will be against! The photographer has said that he can work with the mirror, but it will make getting great pictures more challenging.

There is a flower bed directly in front of the mirror, and the wooden verticals are in contact with the back of the mirrors (no space between them).

My first thought is to drape fabric over it, but I don't want it to look, well, like I'm hiding something behind fabric!

Any suggestions?

How to Cover This Mirror? 1

5 Comments

Latest activity by Megan, on August 29, 2023 at 22:33
  • M
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! There are some great ideas there!
    We are going to continue exploring fabric, and also a printed covering - something like the film but hopefully faster to install.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh okay got it! Sorry, I'm now seeing it shows it in the first photo you added for some reason the bottom part just looked copy and pasted to me so I was confused LOL I see it now!

What if you like draped fabric along it so that way it breaks up the mirror to help with photography but doesn't look like you are covering it up completely? Like the top part of the photo below? Or maybe do like a flower wall on it but that could be expensive and might be a bit much depending on your taste and vibe for the wedding? Or! If it's possible to put like a temporary frosted film on it so it mutes the reflection part, not sure if that's a thing lol.

How to Cover This Mirror? 2

• M
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A second image that shows the reflections that you get from the mirror:

How to Cover This Mirror? 3

• M
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How to Cover This Mirror? 4

I have pulled a few additional photos of the venue, hopefully that helps to clarify things! Yes - the bottom 3ft of the wall is all mirror, with a flower bed built into the floor right in front of the mirror.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have a better photo? I'm confused by the one you attached, if it's 3ft is the bottom portion suppose to be a mirror? and you mention there is a flower bed in front of it? I'm having a hard time visualizing to suggest something

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics