Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rashina
Newbie September 2017 Ontario

How to be calm and collective for the big day

Rashina, on June 2, 2017 at 08:08 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 13
If you don't have a wedding planner...the day of your big day how do you stay calm and make sure that everything will turn out great and well organized as your getting ready?!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 8, 2018 at 12:56
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As long as you have everything organized and seperated. The wedding party and family members can help by holding onto the rings. Set up the reception area:
    Centerpeices
    Guest favours
    Gift table
    Head table decor

This way you take care of yourself and get ready.
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have a bridal party to keep me sane during the big day, so I'll be leaning on my FH lol. We are both pretty relaxed people so for us, we should be ok.

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have an amazing bridal party, along with tons of support from my mom, MIL, aunts and other friends who have already said they can help out in any way on the day! I also have a huge wedding planning binder that I have been using religiously to keep everything organized and clean. I plan to keep that binder with me and my bridesmaids all day up until i walk down the aisle. Our venue also has a coordinator that we will be dealing with for setup with vendors, decor and guiding guests as they arrive, which is great. Checklists and reminders on your phone are great as well to keep things organized! Also, I'm definitely going to just go with the flow, and not get stressed out if anything gets screwed up on the day!

• Ericabraam
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Ericabraam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have a wedding planner either, but with a big enough bridal party, things should flow smoothly... I hope.. I was wondering about having one as well.

• Daniela
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your bridal party is a big factor in keeping both you and your groom calm. Usually everything is set up the night before.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got a wedding planner knowing fair well that I'd be stressed out.. it's just the type of person I am because I like everything to go off without a problem.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Too much stress for one day! Keep it simple and trust that something will go wrong, but that's life. The important thing is that both you and your FH are there and committed to each other. That is all.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bridesmaids that you trust. My best friend has been in many bridal parties and will be my maid of honour said that she will take my phone away from me, and manage whatever arises. Also, consider choosing a location for photos that's a ways away from your reception venue, so you have the travel time to decompress. I think the other key is just remembering that it will all work out. People have problems all the time, and they just work through it.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has an event coordinator who does a lot of the organizing at the site and the set up for us. I am going to assign specific duties to people I trust to make sure they get done. I dont'plan on giving anyone too many things to do but if you give a number of people one thing to worry about it will be less that only you are trying to keep in line.

• Symanne
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Symanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is like 4 years away im still panicking about not having anything done in time. Im planning everything myself. My fiancee is super helpful with picking things out. But planning it has stressed me out alot lol
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have a wedding planner either! We plan to set everything up the night before to ensure that we don't have to worry about those things the day of. I will be relying on my bridal party to make sure I stay stress free the day of!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am the worrier in my relationship and my FH told me that we can plan everything for the day but the day will roll out as it will and we will be too caught up to even notice if a small thing goes wrong or is out of place. We are having our ceremony and reception all in one place so that saves us a few headaches. I am trying to find myself a mantra or something to keep my mind off all the little details on the big day.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm hiring a friend of mine from high school and her husband to do this... She will help decorate day before, show the dj where to set up, make sure nothing is left at the church, keep an eye on hydration station all night, set up midnight buffet, ect... Cheaper than a planner and she is very detail orientated.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics