Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Heather
Newbie August 2022 Ontario

How should i sell our wedding raffle tickets?

Heather, on April 11, 2022 at 12:58 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4

Hey all!

So in lieu of a stag and doe, me and my future husband decided to do a wedding raffle since it is a common thing to do in our area. His sister to put it all together for us which I am so thankful for. She even made a post on Facebook tagging us and other immediate family members so people know who to contact for tickets.

My question though is, how should I go about selling these tickets outside of Facebook? I know I can probably sell to some people at work but I am not sure how to go about it? Should I just straight up ask? I feel like doing it this way might make me sound pushy or something. The only other thing I could think of is making up a flyer to be able to post in the office so people can come to me if they are interested. I just know another coworker has recently done this and I didn't want it to seem like I was copying him.

Am I just overthinking this? Any advice would be really appreciated!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on April 11, 2022 at 13:54
  • Heather
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much! I think this is the best way to go about this Smiley smile

• B
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ultimately left it up to them, but I had a list of all the prices and all the prices of the tickets and if they were interested to let me know. We had family members sell to friends that we didn't even know. The main part is knowing your connections. You have amazing prizes!!! I would consider making a poster with the prizes and the date the raffle is and the cost. I would approach your coworkers and just let them know about it and just say I have posted a poster with the information as well for you to consider, and that they are more then welcome to pass the information along if they think one of their friends would like to support you guys and be interested in the prizes.

• Heather
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have three prizes. A cooler full of booze, a two night stay at the airbnb he sister owns, and a $100 gift to a local fancy restaurant.

Are you saying you just went around asking people? No one thought you were pushy in asking?

• B
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister did a raffle for her wedding and I am planning to do one for mine as well. She had all of her wedding party and close relatives have a stack of tickets and posted on facebook anyone who you could buy tickets from. She made regular posts of the prizes that can be won. She also had each person in the wedding party contribute a prize, so we had like a movie bundle, a beer bundle, his and hers baskets, gift card tree etc. and our main prize was a 60' tv. I know my dad sold tickets at his work and I did as well and just expressed that there was not an expectation that they had to purchase.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics