Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

First
Curious August 2021 Ontario

How much will a hall do?

First, on August 19, 2020 at 14:22 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
I’m wondering what your experiences have been with what the hall is willing to do in terms of setup? I’m not hiring a decor company, but I have charger plates, table numbers, and a seating chart that I want put out at the wedding. The hall will be using their regular table clothes and settings, and my florist will set up the centrepieces.

I guess what I’m wondering is am I able to drop these few things off and have the hall staff put it all out, or do I have to make arrangements to set it all up?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Geneviève, on August 20, 2020 at 23:22
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s going to depend on the hall and the association with it. If it’s a venue that caters to weddings, they likely will offer some help. Places like community centres and legions will probably be pretty hands-off, but will likely give you more time in the space to set up. Your best bet is to ask when you speak to each one since their opinions on involvement may vary.
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It depends on the hall. You should contact your vendor and ask them. Mine said I can drop everything off the day before and they will set it all up for me while they set up the items they are supplying.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that would vary a lot depending on the venue. You could reach out and ask what sort of set up tasks you can expect them to do or to help with and what things you need to take care of yourself.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In my experience, most halls won't set up anything from outside of their own inventory, which can include tables, chairs, in-house linens, utensils and plates, chair covers if applicable, etc. You can't just buy a random mish-mash of flowers, linens, furniture, centrepieces etc and expect the hall staff to set it up for you before you arrive. You can ask but I am certain you'll be charged extra for it. I suggest you bring in a team for that kind of setup and tear down.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I aren't having our reception in a hall, but our venue is only setting up chairs tables, their plates and silverware and such. Everything else like our centerpieces, table runners etc, we've had to hire a day of coordinator to set them up.

You might want to to talk the hall and see if you're able to drop your stuff off. They'll have more information on that. Every hall/venue has different protocols.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The venues wedding coordinator may help to have your set up done according to what you request or allow you to come the day before for setting up yourself. Talk to them and see what arrangements can be made to work towards your schedule.

I know I was there the same day as the guests arrived and set up before they checked in. Most of the set up was for the reception as my dad had brought the centerpieces as picked up the same day. The set up didn't take much time to do and favours were set on the tables with Thank You cards per household/couple/individual attended.

For ourselves, the backdrop was picked up from the rental and returned after the wedding day along with the bakers tray and swan décor personally handed to them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics