Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious July 2020 Ontario

How much was your Decorator and Florist? Were they combined?

Tina, on February 3, 2020 at 18:49 Posted in Wedding reception 0 18

Hey Ladies!

Alright, so ours is two in one. He's a florist and decorator so keep in mind these are prices put together. We are having a big wedding - roughly 200 to 220 people and I'm what my FH considers "expensive" as he puts it lol. That being said I do have expensive taste BUT my question is am I getting high balled or is this the average price? I'm not one to want to shop around I have no patience for that and our wedding is in July (we started planning in Nov ... the only thing we have left is this!)

So the first proposal my florist/decorator put up was 12k, I was like ok loved the flowers and stuff but FH was like not cool lol.

So then I countered at 7k which is within our budget so he adjusted some things around (we removed the drapery all around the walls, and made the tall Pilsner vases all artificial instead of half and half, and kept the smaller centrepieces real flowers). That includes Head Table flowers, our 30 some tables for our guests, a cake holder, some drapery behind the head table but nowhere else and the boutonnière and all of that, candles, extra little things here and there ... Basically everything my dream wedding needs and wants! But I wonder tbh if I'm over paying.

Help me!!! Do I counter again, do I find a different vendor? (but I do enjoy mine a lot he's so cool) or do I just stay with it because it is within our budget and it is everything I want... BUTTT there's always that little sliver of what if. So hence why I'm on here, I appreciate your help btw !!! Thanks Smiley smile

18 Comments

Latest activity by Tenesha, on November 23, 2022 at 21:39
  • T
    Newbie December 2022 Ontario
    Tenesha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where can I find this person
  • N
    Ontario
    Noor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can u plz pass on that decorators number or name.i need one asap
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having about 200 people as well. we are paying 3k for ALL centrepeices, candles, set up, delivery, clean up, 3 small candles for each guest table, a massive back drop 30ft with hanging chandler, a jeweled cake stand, a tulle cake table linen, a podium linen, stage linen, 4 different sized stands for the stage and 4 globes to go on top of the stands and a rented giant white jewely chair. i would shop around that sounds like a lot of money!!

• T
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Perfect !!! Always good to know you’re not over paying. Thanks for your reply definitely helpful! And congrats Smiley smile
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww fair enough Smiley smile congratulations
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our venue provided linens and napkins too - just wasn't the vibe I was going for. My backdrop also includes chandeliers! I remembered that after I hit send. LOL

I get to see my set up in April so I'm just going off of memory of my meeting with my florist.

• Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh okay. Yeah we have all that minus the drapes backdrop and our venue provides the table linens and napkins etc.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have a 2d draped backdrop (majority of my decor costs), all of my table centrepieces, vases, candles (30-40 tables depending on amount of guests), charger plates, table linens, napkins, etc.

• Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What did you get in terms of decor?
  • Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that’s reasonable. We got quoted at $10000 from one place. Went to another one that my friend had just used and I loved their flowers and I got more than what the first place was offering me and it cost around $7000.00. I’m at the same head count as you.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Listening to everyone response, I am realizing I got a great deal. Decor comes with the venue and my flowers are around $1500.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Where this is both the flowers and the decor for such a large wedding it doesn't sound too far off.
    And if it is truly everything you want, and you've already made some changes to reduce the amount I wouldn't counter for a lower price unless you're willing to cut out more stuff. You could shop around but you may risk losing the vendor you like and spending the same amount anyway.
    I like Kelsie's suggestion about seeing if that includes the tax. Tax is one of the things I hadn't thought of in my brain budget at first!
  • T
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats on your soon to be wedding! Thanks the help. Definitely going to ease up FH a bit 😂
  • Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My florals are roughly $2500 and my decor at the venue is $3500, and we’re having about 400-450 guests so around 40 tables or so, so I’d say that’s right around the reasonable spending price!
  • T
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmm you're easing my mind here! Thanks soo much for your help. Good to know I'm not just a bridezilla that's trying to pay out my butt! (lol). And yes I definitely will! Smiley smile

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My florals were 1700 (I only have one BM to get a bouquet for and only about 10 guest tables my centerpieces are also candles with only some eucalyptus scatter around them) Decor was rented from a separate vendor but I didn’t DIY anything all rented and that was about 1500.

I think for the amount of tables and the drapery set up ... that’s probably in the right ball park.
    Like Kelsie’s idea about paying in cash! Can’t hurt to ask!
  • T
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You know what I never asked! That’s a great question thanks so much I’ll be sure to ask him. And phewf! Ok good to know I’m not completely screwing myself here. Glad it’s within a reasonable ball park. Thanks again I really appreciate the help!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My florals were $3800 and decor was $4000. I think of you get everything you want for 7k it’s a good deal.

Any chance you could pay cash and have it tax free?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics