Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gift
Frequent user October 2021 Alberta

How much did your wedding cake cost?

Gift, on July 9, 2021 at 13:50 Posted in Wedding reception 0 22
How much did your wedding cake cost? 1
I know the pricing for cake varies based on city/province. Did you get a cake in your budget or had to expand your budget to accommodate your wedding cake? Did you get a tiered cake or cupcakes?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 18, 2021 at 11:41
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Somethings are meant to be done as pets are always part of your life.
  • Gift
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for sharing Vinod. Please accept my condolences 💐 . That was definitely a beautiful way to incorporate peanut in your wedding ❤️
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We paid $400 for a 3 tiered cake and assorted pastries for 72 guests total which finished too. The top tier was saved for the 1st year anniversary. The cake matched the invitation card colours and paws on it for Peanut passing away in 2015. There is a way to make things happen for pets to be remembered as well as parents too.
  • Mais
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Florist! @simaflowerdesigner

She is awesome
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is around 2K… but ultimately it depends on what you’re looking for.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes, I am hoping to have an idea of it soon.
    I’ll be meeting with the family friend sometime next week to work on the details.
  • Gift
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww Amazing. Lovely pictures 😍
  • Gift
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! Best deal ever indeed! Such a beautiful cake 😍. Where did you get the flowers from? 😊
  • Gift
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh nice!. That’s a decent price
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours has downsized to a 2 tier from a 3 tier. It would have been 350 for a 3 tier and $300 for a 2 tier. That’s not including the flowers we will go but this Wednesday before the wedding
  • Mais
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $200! Best deal ever. I bought the flowers to match and she added them. Flowers cost 50. It fed 50 ppl. How much did your wedding cake cost? 2

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s a beautiful idea for cake Gift.
    We have a family friend that will be making our cake. She don’t want us to pay for it. However, we are planning to have a 3 tier and red red velvet and vanilla cake.

This is an idea of what we would like. The gold as a block at the bottom or painted as the other two options. And burgundy tier or flowers. How much did your wedding cake cost? 3
    How much did your wedding cake cost? 4
    How much did your wedding cake cost? 5

• Gift
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg Carmel. Thank you so much for taking your time to explain how this works. Your cake is beautiful 🤩 so as the one you made. This is very helpful. Thanks.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not sure what our cake cost because it was part of a package with our venue. We did pay an extra $170 extra for the three tier traditionally sized cake (as we had a covid wedding) which I want to say means our cake was $340 (not a big time bake shop). For the amount of work on it (see below - sugar flowers, gold touches etc.) that seemed beyond reasonable to me. Also I do bake on the side... I've made three 2 tier cakes at this point. Ingredients alone plus depending what you want... Gold dust for painting, flowers etc adds up fast. Then time wise, I typically spend two days on cakes - the baking isn't all that tough but I do have to be home for it and set aside that time. So about an hour for every 2-3 layers and I do 6 layers in 3 tiers... So let's say 3 hours. Then the decorating would take me a solid day, with chilling in between. Sometimes I only put it together the day of, especially if there are flowers. Details like that wheat lattice work would add time. Then transporting it which causes a minor heart attack everytime you hit a bump or press the breaks 😅. So it is a significant amount of time and those doing it as a full time job need to make more than minimum wage. When I make a wedding cake as a gift - in my mind that's $200-300 (depending) because it's how much I would have given. The cake you shared is similar to the one I'm making this summer and it would be on the higher side for sure. So a little less than your quotes but hope it helps a bit! It really does vary but the bigger/more well known places tend to be more it seems.
    Top picture is my wedding cake, bottom is the first one I made.
    How much did your wedding cake cost? 6
    How much did your wedding cake cost? 7

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That does seem like a lot!! Hopefully others can give you a better idea of cost!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and is cake is roughly going to cost 500-600 for a 2 tier and for aprox. 70 people
  • Gift
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome ☺️. Alright. Thank you for clarifying. For the attached photo, I’m getting quote for $450/500. It seems much to me tbh but I do not bake so I’m not familiar with the costs.
  • Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! 🥰
    Oh I’m not a professional at all so I’m not sure of cost! Just an at home baker for fun! I think cost really varies depending on location though.
    I do know that here in Vancouver even a small simple cake like mine would have been at least $50.
  • Gift
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    😍😍 you did an amazing job. Love it.
  • Gift
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that’s amazing. Power of being a baker🥰
    As a baker, could you estimate the cost for the cake I attached please?
  • Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oops tried to add a photo but I don’t think it linked! How much did your wedding cake cost? 8

• Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made ours so it was technically free 😊
    But actually probably more like $10 or so once you factor in all of the ingredients and then a few hours of labour. I had also previously invested in baking/decorating tools. And we had our cake topper and DIY cake stand.
    Ours was a pretty simple and small cake since we couldn’t have a reception and only my husband and I ate it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics