Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How many Valentine's Days have you spent with your SO?

Joey, on February 14, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 21

Have you and your partner spent lots of Valentine's Days together already, or is this one of your firsts? How are you celebrating this holiday of love? Are you celebrating tonight, or waiting for the weekend?

Smiley heart Happy Valentine's Day, from WeddingWire!

How many Valentine's Days have you spent with your SO? 1

Photo via The Manilla Church Guesthouse in Oakwood

How many Valentine's Days have you spent with your SO? 2

Photo via Shining Waters Marine in Tantallon

How many Valentine's Days have you spent with your SO? 3

Photo via Revelry Party Company in Toronto

21 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 19, 2019 at 00:44
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

9 but only because we were dating 3 days before Valentine's Day our first year of dating. We weren't serious enough for Valentine's Day then, so that one doesn't count. BUT we've technically been together for 10 years worth of them lol.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was our 7th valentines day together however I am a strong believer that you do not need a special day to show your love for each other. We plan special date nights throughout the year and tend to focus on making our anniversary more special.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In the 4 years since we've been together we've spent 3 V-Days physically together. We did the long distance thing for a couple of years.

It's not really a big holiday for either of us, so this year we ran a couple of errands together, and spent some time with family.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is our 8th V-Day!

We sorta stopped making plans specifically for V-Day, because it felt forced. Instead, we try and plan several activities throughout the month of February (skiing, skating, tiny visit to the hot springs)! We're also doing a dry February, this year, giving us a different perspective on what we can do besides drinking a bottle of wine hahaha.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is our 2nd Valentine’s Day. I’m not really a fan of Valentines Day. We show our love for each other every day - I don’t feel the need to devote one day to it, when we do it every other day!

Sadly, we had a family member pass and we were at a viewing but he surprised me with a sweet card and chocolates at the end! So in this case, it was a super cute gesture Smiley smile
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We figured out this was officially our 7th. We were hanging out and talking during the time of the V-Day before we officially started dating, so we've known each other for 8 Valentine's Days, but if we're just counting "official" V-Days as a couple then it's just 7, since our dating anniversary is in April.

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's our third Valentine's day. And it's just another day.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Today is our 7th Valentine's Day together.
    3 months into dating for our first VDay, he got me wine, took me out to dinner, put rose petals on the bed, and gave me 3 roses for the 3 months we had been together, and a teddy bear. Then the next 5 years were super low key. As in: virtually nothing... lol.
    This year he walks into my office with all this. I guess he was saving his romance for husband status Smiley laugh Apparently he is making me dinner as well. Feeling very spoiled today.

How many Valentine's Days have you spent with your SO? 4
  • Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is our second Valentine’s Day and our last before getting married. We went out last night for dessert (delicious crepes) to save a little with it being 4 months till the wedding. We did also exchange a small gift. It was lovely and perfect. ☺️
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is only our second Valentine's day as a couple! He is actually away for work, so we will be celebrating this weekend - going to see a scary movie and exchange little gifts. (Saving the big gifts for next week, for our anniversary!)

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is our 9th valentines day together... we will be spending it at home with our kids and ordering takeout
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just two only! I am going for dinner with a friend tonight, and FH and I are having dinner tomorrow. I woke up to some sweet written in valentines today though!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is our 4th together! We went out to dinner last night since it lined up better with our schedules. He surprised me with chocolate covered strawberries, where as I got him a gift card romantic right? lol

This day brings some mixed emotions for me since it would be my ex and I's dating anniversary lol, so I like to keep it low-key. To us, it's just another day of loving one another.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    4 together but technically 5 as a couple! Our first V Day as a couple I was out of the country haha!!! Woops....
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This will be our 2nd!! We first started dating March 5th 2017 so we have only celebrated it once (last year) and this year! First one last year we were already engaged 😂😂

This year he is out of town on a work trip for the week so we will probably just talk on the phone as per usual and celebrate it when he gets back Friday evening (like 10PM... guess who is picking him up from the airport that late?).

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This will be our second...last year we were actually on a bit of a break (officially got back together last Feb 17)

We are staying in, making chicken Caesar wraps and watching Princess Bride (because I've never seen it)

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This will be or 8th! Our first Valentine's day was his first time ever visiting Canada. Even though we were long distance for a long time, I think we were only physically apart on one Valentine's day. Our tradition is to go for sushi. My parents started the tradition when I was a kid, and now the two of us continue it as well.
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is our second valentines together. He surprised me with a card yesterday and also bought me a new sweater cause I've been talking about updating my wardrobe.
    We'll also try to catch a movie sometime this weekend.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Today is our 3rd Valentine’s Day together. Not doing much tonight, just going out for dinner. Gotta save that money for the wedding!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This will be our third I am thinking lol The one year we were apart as he worked in the city but still face timed and such

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This will be our third, I think. We met in March the year that we started dating. We won't be celebrating tonight (to my knowledge), but we're attending a floral centerpiece and wine tasting workshop on Saturday!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics