Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How many arguments did you have with your FH about the wedding?

Emilie, on February 12, 2017 at 18:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11

Hey wonderful couples!

It's part of it... It's sometimes hard to avoid... because marriage is also about finding balance and meeting halfway. Smiley xd

How many arguments did you have with your FH about the wedding? Smiley tongue

giphy.gif

Image: Giphy.com

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kacy, on February 19, 2017 at 19:56
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well the thing is, he does have strong opinions, otherwise I also wouldn't expect him to be more involved! But he is starting to come around and realize that I know what I'm talking about because I've done all the research Smiley winking
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our FH sound similar... I don't expect him to do any of the research towards the wedding... It is not his strong suite anyway... I'm doing all the research and then get his opinion on my choices... While it would be great if he had more interest in the wedding, I'm a bit relieved that he doesn't have any strong opinions about it... His only strong opinion is that we should not elope.
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Um, I'm slightly embarrassed to say we have had a few since we actually started working on wedding planning (start of the year) Smiley surprise . We always work it out, but he also forgets things we discussed, or maybe didn't pay attention the first time around so when I bring it up it again, he has no recollection, or then he brings up something as if he came up with it or we are discussing it for the first time! LolExample: since our budget is small, I've been explaining that we have to be realistic, it's going to be tight, we need to start setting money aside, etc etc, it's been hard getting him to actually listen and realize that I am not just being dramatic. I added him to WW so he could have access to the budget spreadsheet and it was during a recent conversation that he was like, "what?!? Is this even feasible?!?" I was like "dude, w.t.f. mate!?" LOL. Another thing is he is not as involved as I'd like him to be in searching for places/vendors. I've tried to be specific in what I ask him to search but haven't been successful ; I would very much prefer to elope in Europe or something, but he wants a wedding here. However, he's not really helping me look for places, but takes time ("two seconds " he says) to search for possible houses for his sister, and sees nothing wrong with that -_-" oyyyyyy Lmao Smiley heart
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yikes... Sounds like my guy sometimes *Sigh* Smiley angry Smiley love Smiley xd
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had one disagreement where I wanted to slap him (I am not a violent person and would never raise my hand on some one even in jest) but damn he pissed me off... We were discussing the groomsmen attire, suspenders and neckties... I found a great deal and we were discussing color, originally I had wanted blush but didn't care for this vendors blush ties, the deal was so good we decided to go with another color... The silver and the champagne were both acceptable to me but I preferred the silver and suggested that we just get the silver... He suggested that we do two of his groomsmen in silver and he and his son would be in champagne... That was fine by me, its his family he can dress them how he wants... I contacted the seller and asked them to create a multiple listing for us with the colors he picked... A few days later when I went to make the order, I confirmed with him that those were the colors he wanted... He had no recollection of our conversation and said "I don't know why you are making it so complicated, why don't we just do silver"... I can laugh about it now but at the time I wanted to skin him.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No real arguments- I think the closest is when I get irritated that he says "whatever you like best" when I ask for an opinion. I know he says it because he wants me to be happy, but sometimes I JUST WANT AN ANSWER.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not really arguments. We disagreed on a couple things but got over it quickly and worked it all out !
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don't really have arguments. We've had some disagreements but our communication style is pretty collaborative vs combative
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far none. We are on the same page about everything even colours and design ideas. Perfect team ❤ So thankful to have him as my partner.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't keep count but we have had minor arguments but we always work it out. The good news is that we work so well together that we agree on the whole big picture.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We never had an argument over the wedding. We were always on the same page when making big decisions because we like the same things. They were a few times that we got frustrated with each other when working on projects but we were able to talk about why we were frustrated and figure out where it was coming from. Usually it was just a misunderstanding and we would laugh about it after. We never fought about anything and one of us "won." We're very fortunate to be such a great team and it was so nice to know we were on the same page when our families would drive us crazy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics