Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allyah
Curious September 2020 Alberta

How long to rent a church for?

Allyah, on October 21, 2019 at 11:22 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 13
Hi ladies, I am looking at booking my venues right now and I am just curious as to how long would be appropriate for our ceremony at a church? I just don't wanna overbook or under book our time. Would two hours or three be more appropriate?

Thank You in advance Smiley smile

13 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 23, 2019 at 12:03
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yeah youll be fine. those are about 15 mins. 30 mins is the absolute most ive seen. you probably dont need more than an hour of time!

• Allyah
    Allyah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lmao oh no no. We are both Christian so it shouldn't be too long lol

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lmaooo unless your having a hindu ceremony those last 3 hours HHAHA

• Allyah
    Allyah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay, awesome! I don't think three hours is necessary either after hearing from all of you lovely ladies Smiley heart

• Allyah
    Allyah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay awesome, that is definitely something that I will be asking them.

Thank You!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ceremony is only 45 mins so we dont need more than an hour and a half for set up etc. i dont think youll need 3 hours tho it just depends on how long your ceremony is

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Timing for a church ceremony all depends on how long the priest/Officiant needs to marry you two and if your allowed pictures after in the building. Best to find out from the individual that is marrying you.

Different ceremonies depend on the time frame too as mentioned. That should be taken into consideration.

• Allyah
    Allyah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh that is very true I didn’t think about that. I am doing all my own decorating and set up so it should be okay. And no it is maybe $100 extra for the extra hour to make it three hours. But I think even two hours is good
  • Allyah
    Allyah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay awesome thank you! This is all really useful information. We won’t be probably more than an hour so we will probably just do two hours!
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You will also want to think about decorating. If you're bringing in flower arrangements, you will need to ensure that can be coordinated with your booked time.
    My non religious ceremony lasted 10 minutes, but my musician and photographer started setting up 40 minutes beforehand, so that's an hour there for a very simple, intimate wedding.
    I would lean towards overbooking. Is it a lot to book per hour?
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it's a religious ceremony and the bride is on time, the longest I've sat for a ceremony is an hour.

Our cousin was 45 minutes late for their traditional religious ceremony and so the whole thing lasted an hour and 45 minutes.

So 2 hours max if you're travelling more than 20 minutes to the ceremony? I also think for me, it would depend on how much the church is charging.

If it's going to cost a pretty penny to hold it for 2 hours rather than 1 hour, I'd just do 1 hour. If your ceremony goes over by 10 minutes they won't rush or kick you out. They usually leave a good time buffer between ceremonies for that reason.

• Allyah
    Allyah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am not apart of a specific church so I am just looking at rentals and on some of the websites they ask for a specific time frame. The prices for most of them are listed by time slots. I feel like two hours is plenty of time, I just wanted to get a sense of what other brides have or will be doing. We want to keep the ceremony shorter just because we have a lot of young children attending.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Usually the church tells you how long you need it for. At least, they did with us. They gave us a list of times to choose from 12:30; 1:30 and 3:00 p.m. I think. We aren't religious and our ceremony shouldn't be more than 30 minutes at most.

Has your church directly asked you to book a time frame?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics