Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How long have you known each other for?

Emilie, on January 30, 2017 at 06:25

Posted in Before the wedding 141

Hi wonderful ladies and gents! Did you know from the first day you met? Or did it take a while before you realized that you were in love with each other? How long have you known each other for? Next question >> What is the name of your SO? *** Images: Pinterest

Hi wonderful ladies and gents!

Did you know from the first day you met? Or did it take a while before you realized that you were in love with each other? Smiley surprise

Next question >> What is the name of your SO?

141 Comments

• Megan
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha i love this!

I thought i was the only one haha

4 years.

His brother was trying to date me and i was not interested but we hung out with the same people so i had to see him still. he started to invite his younger brother Bren to come around and he was a hottie.

We were friends with benefits for a year or so and then i moved away for 6 months and when i came back and he had a girlfriend.

We reconnected as friends.

They quickly broke it off and we have been together ever since. haha Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I have been together for five years. On about our second date he looked at me and said "I just know we are going to be together for a long time". I've been head over heels for him ever since Smiley heart We are getting married November 17, 2018

• Stefanie
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me and my FH have been together since 2007. We knew almost immediately that we were going to spend our lives together and that we would, one day, get married. After just a few months he surprised me with a promise ring and told me that once we were both done College, had stable jobs and had a place of our own he would replace the promise ring with an engagement ring. Now a little over 10 years later we are getting ready to start planning a wedding for the fall of 2019!

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It took a bit till we knew, but we knew in about 6 months we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have been together for over 3 years and you could say it was destiny. Before we met I moved into the house I am currently living with my daughter from a previous relationship. This house is where his mom grew up in. We did not know this. His Aunt, cousin and his mom came to my parents farm to get a kitten from us when they were younger and that cat just past away this year at 15 years old. His grandparents lived right across the highway from my parents. My dad had some of his grandpas tools and one day my dad said to him your working with your grandpa today when he was helping my dad. His best friend babysat me. And we went to the same socials. We just went to different schools. We even had some of the same friends. He proposed on our 2nd trip to Vegas which was where I told him for the 1st time I loved him on our 1st trip there.

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have been together for 14 years as of just a few weeks ago Smiley heart

• Laura
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just got an update that our FB friendaversary was July 25 LOL We've known eachother 4 years, and been together almost the entire time!

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This November will be 15 years together!!! unreal! I was 16 and he was 19 when we met Smiley heart

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have been together for 4 years and known each other for 4 years and a few weeks. When we get married we will have been together for five years Smiley smile

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

5 years. We worked together for a year and i thought he was cute but cocky.

I moved away for 7 months and came back and we started our as friends with benefits for a year haha. Then we officially started dating 2 years ago.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's been 6 years for us but we always felt we knew each other for much longer.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow, that's quite the story. Hope you have a long and happy marriage.

• Cassandra
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since 2012 Smiley heart Smiley smile

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Basically our whole lives, his parents introduced my parents. But we began close friends about 10 years ago now.

• Talita
    Frequent user January 2018 Ontario
    Talita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just hit 2 years last month! Smiley laugh

• April
    Devoted July 2018 Nova Scotia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since xmas 2014 we met at our mutual friends xmas party -- then we were set up on a blind date in April 2015 -- it was a friday night - and then my dad got diagnosed with cancer that following tuesday -- so he has been with me the entire time through ny dads diagnosis & being a survivor himself -- he knows what dads going through :-))
  • Karolina
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Karolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have known my fiancee for 12 years.
  • S
    Newbie September 2018 Manitoba
    Salma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We knew each other for 14months before he proposed
  • Leah
    Frequent user April 2017 Quebec
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We first ran into each other ten years ago when we were both expecting our first child with other people. I took prenatal aquafit classes with the mother of his kids. I was trying to make mom friends but was shy especially because I wasn't that good in French. She was shy too and never tried to talk to me or the other moms so I gave up. Our first borns went to the same school for kindergarten until grade 2. The 2nd borns and my 3rd child were at the same daycare. We saw each other in passing with out talking almost on a daily basis. His separation occurred a month before mine in 2014. I had no idea since neither of them were my friends. And my separation was quite extreme so my focus was on my kids and survival. Two years later in 2016 we connected when I found out he was single through a colleague and we started emailing and went on our first date on January 25th 2016.
  • Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met each other in high school 6 years ago we was my best friend
  • C
    Beginner November 2017 Alberta
    Callie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have known each other for just over 2 years.
  • Meggan
    Meggan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have known eachother for 6 years and dating for about 4.5 years. We worked together for a year before we atarted dating

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we got engaged (last year) we had known each other for 6 years. This september will be 7 years that we met. We started dating 2 weeks after we met Smiley tongue

• H
    Newbie October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    4 years ☺️
  • Ines
    Curious January 2018 Saskatchewan
    Ines ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've known each other since August 2012! We met at a volleyball tournament.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don and I attended high school together, so we have known each other for 11 years. I remember him from my grade 9 English class because he left school to go moose hunting for 2 weeks and I was super jealous haha. He apparently has no idea I was in his class. Over the years of high school we had various mutual friends and a couple more classes together. We also took the same bus after school. By the end of grade 12 we were quite good friends.

After graduation we started hanging out a lot with groups of people until one day we had planned a group hike and everyone bailed except me and him. So it was kind of awkward at first but we decided to go on the hike just the two of us. We started hanging out a lot more just the two of us over the next year until we started dating. We've officially been dating almost 6 years now.

We've both known for a long time that we wanted to get married, but were waiting for life to line up as we have been doing long-distance on and off for the last 5 years while I attend school.

• Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and i have been together 11 years this saturday...but have known each other for 12.
  • Chelsea.18
    Beginner April 2018 Ontario
    Chelsea.18 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Almost 6 years Smiley shame

• Jessica
    Newbie April 2019 British Columbia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have known each other for 7 years.
  • Lana
    Lana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancee and I have known each other for over 25+ years. We were very good friends then but nothing more. We met up again a few months ago and realized that we had the same feelings for each other that we had way back then (we just never acted on them). Once we met up again, it didn't take us long to realize that we were meant to be together.

• Donna
    Devoted August 2017 Quebec
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you and I was the one who said I love you first. I was so happy to say it Smiley smile

• Abby
    Curious October 2017 Ontario
    Abby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    His name is Darren

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics