Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Candace
VIP May 2019 Ontario

How long for dinner?

Candace, on March 8, 2018 at 15:23 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

How long is everyone giving for their dinner? We are started our reception at 6pm, so would dinner be over by 7:30pm or is that too much time? What is everyone's timeline looking like for this?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on March 9, 2018 at 13:17
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted to set aside even less time for eating dinner - because personally at weddings I'm always antsy to start dancing Smiley tongue - but my wedding planner said at minimum they needed 1.5 hours for everyone to eat!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2 hours is good, however, I've left my day of time line a bit vague for after dinner.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having a plated 4 course meal and probably going to give it 2 hours just to be safe.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have about 1.5 hours for a 4-course meal. We unfortunately need to do speeches after the meal because the venue was a bit picky about this. I didn't mind waiters walking around throughout, but the venue was adamant we don't, so I would say 2 hours is plenty of time to include speeches.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh perfect Smiley smile I allotted closer to the 2 hr mark because I don't know how long the speeches will be haha

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are also having a plated 4 course meal. We will be having speeches while the food is being handed out for each course.

Thank you!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on the style of dinner. Are you having plated or buffet? Buffet tends to take a little longer compared to plated (depending how many guests you have), but in the same sense how many courses are you having for plated? The more courses you have, the more time dinner will take. I'm giving mine about 1.5 hrs-2 as we will be doing speeches in between courses and after dinner.

Mine is plated with 4 courses. So all food will be pumped out at the same time, pretty much.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics