Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How long ago was your first date together?

Emilie, on January 27, 2017 at 16:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 26

Hey brides and grooms! Smiley heart

Do you remember your first date together?

How long ago was it? Smiley catface

Image: Giphy.com

26 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on January 29, 2017 at 11:35
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom kept a journal when he was pregnant, and for about the first six months of my life- it was a great read, humanized her a lot when I was a miserable teen.

I'm doing it today! Thanks for the insiration Smiley smile

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hahaha just the thought of my future children knowing about my random hookups makes me what to die! But I know of my mother kept a journal that after she's gone I'd cherish every word.

Go get that moleskin!! Indigo has a nice variety of journals and I always want to buy a new one despite not finishing my current one.
    You're inspiring to write in my own when I have a quiet moment tomorrow morning!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have a point, I really should. I am so embarassed when I read some of the nonsense I worried about at age 12, but it is amazing to see such real representation of what mattered at the time. I refuse to get rid of them, because I want my kids to read it and see that other part of me. I think having some memories written from these moments should be captured. I'll treat myself to a nice moleskine tomorrow Smiley winking

Brings me to this: Absolutely keep a journal as much as you can between now and forever! But don't cut out the dirty bits, or the wild bits. I am sure it will be weird for decendants to read, but the love and history they would understand would be so meaningful....love notes from another generation? UGHHH my inner romantic is losing her mind!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So perfect! Smiley love

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He's the best thing to happen to my mental health ....ever! Smiley smile
    Since you did it before as a kid, maybe leading up to or after the wedding do an entry or two for yourself? Pictures, videos and memories are all great but I love the ability to capture a moment and immortalize it in a way that's completely your own.
    Just a thought! I'm going to try to do that myself and hopefully take my journal on the honeymoon as well. Maybe one day my kids will be able to read it, the dirty stuff removed of course haha
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Amazing how the world can be so big, and so small! And if a single thing were different, you might not have met, or met in another way and not had the right lead up to fall in love. The universe at work ladies and gents!

FH and I went to the same college for 2 years, knew several of the same people (pretty small city), and still didn't meet until I was done school! And it is for the best, we agree we might not have liked each other much if we had met earlier. We have both grown up and changed A LOT

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree! We are perfect for each other and our paths never would have crossed otherwise. And we still could have missed each other if we'd joined at different times! It was interesting when we added each other on FB because we actually had a mutual friend! He had a college class with someone from my high school.

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wrote in journals a lot from ages 10-16...then stopped. Now I have about 6 started and abandoned journals, sounds like you only do slightly better Smiley winking

Sweet that your dating lines up with a long period free from most stress and sadness Smiley smile

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely! I think online accounts for most relationships- that or "met at work" like FH and I!

We didn't meet online, but i still remember the butterflies from some online meetings, just as real. It would be silly to say otherwise.

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw you saved him from bad online dates! Very lucky!

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say he got a pretty good return on the investment then!
    It's funny, I'm the first and only online date my FH went on. He never had to suffer, just bam! Got a wife. Lucky bastard!
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sporadically! It's super therapeutic but the downside is that I typically only write when I'm stressed or upset so a lot of happy things get missed, although I'm trying to be more mindful of that.
    There's a pretty big gap between our early days of dating and moving in together haha
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw thank you! I still think our story is just as romantic even though we met online.

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha well I got him for free because I only did a free trial. He had to pay for a 3 month membership for me! Smiley winking (We met a couple weeks into his membership.)

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so adorable! I love it! Smiley love And good for you for asking him!

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ohhh a premium service, you guys are fancy :p xD
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you! We met on eharmony. We're hoping to be in one of their commercials someday!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So sweet he was willing to come to the door anyway...and *swoon* ...I love that it was love at first listen. I've had some wine, but that makes me teary-eyed!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't believe you have this as a memento! How beautiful! Have you continuted journaling? I envy this!

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First date was December 27, 2014. We had met online about a week before. I'd messaged him and I'm the one who actually asked him out for drinks . I was keeping a diary then so I have essentially our whole love story down.

This is from Christmas day 2014:
    "Talking to a nice, cute new boy and grabbing drinks with him on Saturday night. I like texting him so far and certainly find him cute. I hope it goes well!"

And now I'm marrying the dude!

How long ago was your first date together? - 1
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is so sweet, an online meet and love story for the ages! What site was it?
  • J
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I cant remember the exact date of our first date but it was in the summer of 2008 (either june or july). We had been talking to each other prior to the date. I was visiting my family for a week and my cousin had asked me about any guys in my life and I mentioned there was a guy that I have been talking to that I kinda liked. I then texted him asking him out and if he wanted to go see a movie when I got back in town (meet dave). He agreed and i drove us to the theatre. The movie wasnt the best but it was a pretty good first date.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first date was January 3rd or 4th 2011 !! So just over 6 years ago!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It has been over two years and we were getting to know each other.
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first date was 11/11/11! We met online and had been chatting for about 3 weeks before he FINALLY asked me out! My mom was getting tired of me going on online dates (I was living st home at the time) and was like no more! So I was like "Ok.... After this last one!" And I was right, it was the last one! The weekend we had our date, my sister actually flew home from NY as a surprise. I told her "I'm so happy to see you but I have to go on this date!" My sister was my MOH at my wedding and in her speech, she told this story and said she was surprised when I didn't postpone my date to spend time with her and she said she was thinking "She better marry this guy!" Haha

He came to my house to pick me up and we had exchanged numbers but hadn't spoken on the phone yet. He called me and said that he was here but he couldn't get the front gate on our porch open to get to the front door. I was like "Alright I'll open the gate but you still have to come to the door!" He said that was fine. So sweet! He said that he immediately felt a connection the first time he heard my voice. Smiley catface We went out to dinner at Olive Garden and then went to mini golf. We hung out for 6 hours on our first date! He took me home and as soon as he dropped me off, I texted him and asked when I could see him again. We've been inseparable ever since!

• Robyn
    Frequent user June 2017 Quebec
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first date was November 2013 so just over 3 years ago!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics