Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie July 2022 Ontario

How does clean up usually work?

Sarah, on December 29, 2021 at 12:42 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9
Hi there,
I have been trying to figure out how much I want to Decorate the venue but not sure how clean up usually works. Does everything have been be taken down and out the night of or the next day?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Lilon, on August 11, 2023 at 02:15
  • K
    Newbie January 2023 Virginia
    Ksenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Such landlords always ask families to clean the space at night rather than the morning after the event. When my sister got married, she wanted to clean the room the next morning but was reprimanded and paid a fine. The landlord told her that each venue was rented every day and occupied by different people, so the morning should have already been occupied by another client. My sister paid a large sum to cancel someone else's event. You should know that it's best to clean up the night of the same day. If you don't get it done by morning, you better call in professionals like Crown Cleaners . They'll clean the place very quickly for you.

• Sarah
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I am hoping some items can be picked up the next day but I will be visiting the venue this month so I will make sure to ask 😊
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Venues can be flexible if there are no events the next day but typically, venues do prefer you clean up and move out the night of. This is especially the case with venues that have little to no storage space.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Of course hun anytime! 😊
  • Sarah
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's very true, I think I will send them an email now to confirm. Thanks for helping Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You could always ask them if they would be ok with the next day. There's no harm in asking! They usually state that because they might have another wedding the next day.
  • Sarah
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just went through the contract again because we signed it so long ago and it has to be cleaned up by 2am unless discussed with the venue. The next day would have been so much better
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would talk to your venue about this. Every venue is different I know my venue everything needs to be taken down the same day as our wedding by 1230am at the latest.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It depends on your venue/contract. We have our venue until noon the next day but my friend had to have everything cleaned up before 2am.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics