Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenny
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

How do you wear your rings?

Jenny, on October 5, 2022 at 17:10 Posted in Just married 1 10
I’ve been wearing my rings with my wedding band on top of my engagement ring (so engagement ring closest to my hand, wedding band closest to my knuckle). My mom says that’s not how they’re supposed to be worn but I like them this way 😊 how’re you guys wearing them?

10 Comments

Latest activity by AndrewticEO, on December 2, 2022 at 09:31
  • Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went the route of getting one ring that works for both following an Irish tradition where there's a heart, and when you get married, the heart points the opposite way. I like to keep things simple, and I'm not a fan of diamonds, so it works. My fiance and I got these ones from Celtic Eternity, just with different gems. They do have wedding bands that match, but we didn't want to complicate anything, or worry about losing or damaging an extra ring. How do you wear your rings? 1

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wear the rings the way you like without thinking twice about it. I wear my engagement ring on the pinky finger on the right side and wedding on the proper left side. I also wear another ring next to my engagement ring. It feels right and comfortable.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My engagement ring fits inside my wedding bands- but IMO its whatever you prefer

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would wear my rings like Jenny. Reading online it says that tradition is that you have your wedding ring on the inside so it's closer to your heart. But many wear it Engagement then wedding, some have the engagement ring on the right hand and wedding on the left.

Every site says it's now based on preference and comfort.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m wearing mine with the wedding band first and then engagement ring. During our ceremony I had my engagement ring on my right hand and then swapped during the license signing
    How do you wear your rings? 2

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have my wedding band first and my engagement ring second.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wear mine the opposite way of you which is what's considered "traditional" but I think you should wear it however you want. My engagement ring came with a wedding band and an anniversary band (they are the same band) so in like 8 months I'll have a band on both sides. So does it really matter which side the wedding band is on for now? Not really.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oops forgot thisHow do you wear your rings? 3

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Same as you. The traditional way to wear them is the other way because the wedding band should be closest to the heart but why can't the engagement ring be? Some things are just archaic. I wear my wedding band on top as per the advice of the jeweler to stop my engagement ring from spinning so much. I also like the look better! So you do you 🙂
  • Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How do you wear your rings? 4
    For reference - this is how I have mine 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics