Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Frequent user August 2022 Ontario

How do you set up and take down your decor?

Stephanie, on July 31, 2023 at 22:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11
Brides of 2023 and onward:
What are your plans for set up and take down of your decor?

Do you have a venue that has decor that will set up and put away pieces for you? Or do you have all your decor personally picked out and need to set it up and take it down yourself?
Share some advice or ask some questions on how to navigate some of the logistics for your big day!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Matilda, on October 8, 2023 at 09:33
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding planner will be setting up and taking down our decor
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The venue can definitely can help with cutting down on costs when decorating! I had the same mindset with my ceremony site. There was a garden surrounding it so I didn’t have to spend a lot on flowers for parts of the wedding.
  • Jessica
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue has big beautiful windows that we didn't want to takeaway from, we didn't do too much decorating. We decorated and got our centrepieces ready, but our venue set up the tables and chairs.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a day of Coordinator who put everything together for us and took everything down. I jad given her photos of how i wanted centerpieces, head table front entrance table and cake table to be so she knew exactly what to do. Best decision we made!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue is providing the basics like linens, cutlery, flatware, lighting, tables, chairs and charger plates. We have access the day before to set up our reception and since they are having a business use the ballroom our ceremony will be in until noon on our wedding day, they are setting up the ceremony items for us

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue provided the basics items (linens, cutlery, flatware, lighting, tables, chairs etc) All my DIY items I brought in large bins, labelled with instructions of where to place and the staff set it all up for us. They even boxed everything up at the end of the night. We didn't have to pick it right away - were able to go 2 days later.

• Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me, my FH, family, and bridal party are all pulling together to get most of the set up done. The venue assists with the aisle and altar, and they gather everything up at the end of the night for pick-up the next day (a fantastic bonus, we can just enjoy the night without worrying about clean-up!)

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Myself, fiancé and the wedding party will be going to do set up - at the end of the night the venue staff will pack everything up and put aside for us to take at the end of the night

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We brought a lot of our decor but the venue was simple and modern and came with it's own pretty touches as well. I arrived earlier with my husbands children so with their help we set things up, we arrived about 1.5 hrs before guests arrived.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our Venue included decor at our choice and will take everything down. Anything that we use for the wedding they will pack up and place it in the car we designate.

Love how easy and stress free it is.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue was affordable to rent for the day before and the day after so we did that. I DIYed most of our decor. I had everything needed for each table in a box labeled with the table number on it. It was so simple the groomsmen were setting up the centerpieces!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics