Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Expert September 2019 Ontario

How do you clean your rings?

Meaghan, on January 30, 2020 at 11:00 Posted in WeddingWire 0 11
How do you clean your jewellery/rings? I currently have a liquid jewellery cleaner given to me by the jeweller who made my ring. I swirl it around for a minute or so and then use the brush to give it a light scrub. I keep it by the tv and usually do it while we are watching something (I like keeping my hands busy). I probably clean it once a week or so.
I've been looking at ultrasonic cleaners and wondering if they are worth the investment. Does anyone here use one? How do you like it? Any models you would recommend?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on February 4, 2020 at 16:57
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I keep going to peoples and pretending to look at bands and they offer me a free cleaning while were there HAHAHAH

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I use denture tabs to clean my jewelry haha. It works amazing. The little bubbles get right in the crevices
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take mine in for inspection every 6 months. Every time I am at the mall, I will stop in to get it cleaned. People's does it for free.

My sister also works for Pandora, and she said the best thing is to put a little bit of dish soap in warm water, and clean it with a toothbrush. Best at home cleaner if you don't want to spend a ton of money

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take mine in for inspection to the jeweler my DH got it from and they clean it then. I also go in between (every 3 months) to get it cleaned. It usually only takes them 5 minutes and it's free (Michael Hill).

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have seen the ultrasonic cleaner on amazon site which seems expensive yet bulky to store. I was thinking of getting one myself and thought of the space to place when not used at home. I could imagine something not working overtime and having to spend for another one.

I just got the cleaners from the jewellers and will be using it.

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take it once a year into the shop where we bought it for a deep clean. Otherwise I have a solution that I drop it into and shake it. Tempted to get an ultrasonic cleaner!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wash it whenever I wash my hands, but I also take if off if I'm doing any kind of dirty job.

My protection package from the jeweler comes with biannual cleanings and maintenance. If it got dull in between I would just pop by and ask them to clean it for me. It's only been a few months so I haven't had to worry yet.
  • Honeylie
    Frequent user August 2021 Quebec
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I use an old soft bamboo toothbrush and a bit of hand soap.

then i use an eyeglass cleaner cloth to wipe it off if needed so no lint gets caught in the prongs!

i do this about once a week or whenever i got out somewhere special so it shines Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the most part I just wash when I wash my hands be coincidence, but otherwise whenever I am at the mall I make a point to stop at any jeweller and get them to clean it for free Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm with Megan! I bought my mom an ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon and we both love it! That's how I clean my ring every few months.

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought an ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon and it works great. Warm water with a drop of Dawn and within a few minutes my rings are sparkly clean.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics