Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Patricia
Newbie August 2018 Ontario

How do i hide the colour if my hall

Patricia, on January 22, 2018 at 17:01 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5
I’m using a local groups hall for my informal wedding/reception. It is blue and my colours are pink (blush) and black. How can I hide the blue inexpensively?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 1, 2018 at 23:34
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What’s your definition of “inexpensive”? If you’re willing to invest in a backdrop for the wall behind your head table, no one else will notice the rest of the walls in the hall, they will be too focused on you and your new husband!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Patricia! Do you have any pictures of the space? Sometimes you just have to ignore the walls! I totally ignored the carpet in our venue space! Smiley shame

You could rent up-lighting to help give the space a different color. Or you could put up large amounts of drapery or flower walls - but that can get pricey!

Table linens and centerpieces will transform your space a lot already! For comparison, ask your venue if you can see pictures from past weddings there so you can get a feel for how the space transforms.

Green UplightingHow do i hide the colour if my hall 1Photo from Vibe365 in Toronto

UplightingHow do i hide the colour if my hall 2

Photo from Corbett Productions in Windsor

Drapery WallsHow do i hide the colour if my hall 3

:: Pinterest

Flower WallHow do i hide the colour if my hall 4

Photo from Hello Midge Flower Studio in Toronto

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have any pictures of the hall? Are there lighting options you could look into to help? As long as the colors don't clash I imagine no one will notice that your venue isn't on theme, and blue and blush sound pretty gorgeous together

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can dress the walls with hangings of fabric in black and blush.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on where the blue is, it may be a combination of things. The best idea is to use fabrics and cover it up or using uplighting to try and change the colour of the walls. You can sometimes find cheap fabric in fabric stores and if you're buying a lot they sometimes sell for a discount.

I understand that you want to keep your wedding colours, but a little pop of blue here and there won't ruin the feeling you're going for, so don't let it ruin your budget!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics