Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How did your FH choose your engagement ring?

Emilie, on October 25, 2016 at 05:07 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

Hi wonderful brides Smiley heart

He might have asked your sister for advice or chose it with all his heart because he couldn't wait to pop the question! Smiley love

How did your FH choose your ring?

How did your FH choose your ring?

Image: Pinterest

15 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on November 11, 2016 at 22:12
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He let me go shopping for styles I like. (He hates buying things and not have people like the gift) Of course I was happy to pick something I would love forever, but I still wanted the element of surprise, so we decided, I would pick 3 and he would go to the jeweller and pick his favourite out of the 3!!!! It really was lovely; and the proposal was even more amazing! I still can't believe it ! Congratulations to all of us! Woot woot!
  • Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He went alone and picked it out by himself as it was a complete surprise to me. I originally thought that I wanted an oval solitaire. But I could not be happier with the amazing one he chose!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FH had some help from his dad, but he got used the diamond from a second hand ring then had it put into a custom band and added the amethysts (because purple is my favourite!) and then he included the small diamonds along the band from his grandmothers ring Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I went out to all the different jewellery stores out in our area and I tried on so many different rings! I knew I had wanted a Neil Diamond ring and I knew the type of look. We agreed that I would show him the different ones I loved and then out of those he would pick the one he thought suited me best! This way we knew it would be something I loved but also he thought would be perfect for me but I would still be surprised when I saw the ring!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A very smart choice! We are converting my ring into a pendant and might buy a ring another time!

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The second ring is semi custom I guess. The setting is a Gabriel and Co. ring, which we had the jeweller put my mom's centre stone into.
    I wish I could say that the stones had been in the family for generations, but the truth is they're from my mom's last marriage (I never liked him). Mom had no intention of continuing to wear the rings, so she had them blessed to take away any negative vibes (being the superstitious Italian that she is), and then gave them to us.
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He's waiting until it's perfect and he has time to win both families over!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Cheryl Smiley heart That's amazing! So spontaneous! Did he already propose or is he keeping it until the right moment? I can't wait to see your ring!! Smiley love

You should have a look at this discussion to find out what it says about you! I'm going to reveal the results later today Smiley winking

What does your engagement ring say about your personality?

How is your wedding planning coming along?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Terry Smiley heart I think that's amazing! That way you can both see what your style is. How does your ring look like?

I made this test and thought you might like it, I'll reveal the results later today. Smiley smile

What does your engagement ring say about your personality?

Did he propose with the wedding ring you had chosen or do you have a seperate engagement ring? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow!! I love how the final result looks like Alexis! Smiley heart It's so nice of your mom to have offered! So the second ring was still custom-made but not with your mom's stones? And then you'll make another one from the ones she's passing on to you? That is so sweet of your mom!! Smiley love

Have the diamonds and eternity bands been in your family for generations?

• Terry
    Frequent user May 2017 Quebec
    Terry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided to each choose our own rings. Since it is something we will wear all our lives we thought we should love them so we shoped together and chose them .
  • Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually picked my engagement ring.
    A few months back, my FH and I were out doing errands when he turned and said "so I went into Ben Moss this week". The conversation continued with us joking back and forth, and then he said "by the way, I don't know how to respond to a text message I got from your mom. She's offered to give me the diamonds from her engagement ring and two eternity bands."
    This obviously got the wheels turning and we started the process of finding a jeweller to create something custom. Turns out, we had a terrible first world problem; the diamonds in my mom's eternity bands were too large to do a halo (my dream ring), and it would have cost more to do something custom. Early on in the process, the jeweller showed me my current halo setting. Turns out it was perfect and in our price range.
    I've attached a before and after photo of the rings.
    I'm planning to do a custom band with the eternity bands, and if there's anything left over I want to have something made for my mom. If it wasn't for her, the engagement would have probably been pushed back significantly.

How did your FH choose your engagement ring? - 1

How did your FH choose your engagement ring? - 2
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were walking through the mall and we browsed, pointed out one I liked and he got my finger sized. He bought it right then and there!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH had some help form his Step Mom

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He took me to Jewellers and I showed my choice. He went on his own and the picked out my ring.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics