Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

How did you meet your spouse to be?!

Amanda, on February 17, 2022 at 15:54

Posted in WeddingWire 41

Did you meet online or through friends? At school? At work, at a party?? Share how you first met your fiancé! My fiance and I met online through Facebook. We had a bunch of mutual friends in common. One day I had gotten a message from him. We started talking for a few weeks and then we met for...

Did you meet online or through friends? At school? At work, at a party?? Share how you first met your fiancé! Smiley heart

My fiance and I met online through Facebook. We had a bunch of mutual friends in common. One day I had gotten a message from him. We started talking for a few weeks and then we met for the first time in person and the rest is history Smiley heart

41 Comments

• D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Also met my fiancee through that site! Her older sister met her husband on that site as well.
  • Jennifer
    Newbie July 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! We met through eHarmony online dating. We found out we have mutual friends as well.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe I love it!!! 💕💕 you guys were meant to be too!!

It’s hard doing long distance! Good for you guys for making it through!! That’s why I moved up north because my fiancé is in lol and gas , he’s been with this job for 10 years so it didn’t make sense for him to move!

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you know he waa the one? And got those feelings???

My fiance and I met on tinder! I was just out of a bad relationship (cheated etc) and my MOH told me to get on tinder and just talk to people... he eneded up super liking me and we clicked! Talked for a fee weeks and Our first date was a sunrise hike. While we were on the hike my now lovely GSD Levi was 6 months old and kept looking back like he knew me and trusted me already. We then spent like 12 hours together that day! I felt like I've known him forever and just the way Levi looked at me.
    My fiance ended up helping me grow into the woman I am today as I was 20 when I met him. He supported me through school to do the job I love, supported my ups and downs... also to learn to fully cook!!! As I lived at home before, got me to move out of my parents house and move in with him and now we have our fur baby family (us and two dogs) and own a house/boat and I'm so thankful to have had him swipe that one day as I wouldn't be who I am without him. ❤️
    It's almost like the universe knew we were meant for each other!
  • Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I met my fiancé on tinder as well! 7 years ago this coming July 😊
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at work! He actually got hired on my birthday so kinda like an unknown gift from the universe! We would talk occasionally at work then one day we were talking about a restaurant so we decided to go grab food after work and we sat there talking for over 2 hours!!
  • Mallory
    Newbie September 2022 Alberta
    Mallory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met 6 years ago on Tinder if you can believe it 😂

I was jaded because of a stream of unsuccessful dates so I joined Tinder purely out of spite for romance and we found each other within a few days of me joining! Hahaha. We talked for a bit and then met at (our now favourite) Indian restaurant. When he walked in it felt like I had already known him for a long time and it was instantly easy! Smiley heart

We've made each other stronger and better versions of ourselves. He's my best friend; my ride or die.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I absolutely knew right away as I laid eyes on him, he was the one!!! He moved in with me like a week later haha i kid you not the xbox showed up and I was like oh?! ok!! Almost 7 years later, I wouldn't change a thing!

I love this story!! You guys were meant to be from the start!

My fiance and I did long distance as well for almost 2 and a half years of our relationship. Two months into our relationship his work got a huge job contract. He worked up north in the oil fields so he was only home for holidays like Easter, thanksgiving Christmas etc.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you know right away he was the one!!!

My best friend was dating my fiancés brother( they aren’t dating anymore but are still friends) , who I had only met briefly once at a bbq. I obviously thought he was cute but he was dating someone so I never showed interest and then I started dating someone.
    Eventually 2 years later , we both became single and my best friend told me that we should all go out for dinner!
    We ended up going for dinner with his parents too 😂 because my fiancé lived 10 hours out of province and this was the only time he could make it to see them! Anyway … I was obviously super nervous because not only was it the first date but it was a meet the parents!!!?
    But it turned out very casual and his parents were very nice and welcoming! My fiancé and I hit it off right away. We stayed up talking all night long and did not stop texting or calling each other when he went home.
    We made the long distance work because we liked eachother so much. He would drive in the middle of the night after work 10 hour drive!!! just so he could see my in the morning for a bit before I went to work!! I ended up moving to BC a year into the relationship to be with him.

He made me want to be a better and do better! I had never felt so strongly for someone! 4 years later we have welcomed our 1 year old boy and I truly believe my best friend was meant to meet my fiancés brother otherwise my fiancé and I would’ve never met!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics