Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julia
Beginner June 2022 Ontario

How did you go about sharing your Honeymoon Registry?

Julia, on January 30, 2021 at 12:40 Posted in Honeymoon 0 6
Hi ladies!

I recently signed up for a registry on HoneyFund (by far one of the best websites I've found so far, by the way 😩). But I'm curious, what should I say when I go about sharing my link on my social medias for my friends & family? I'm so bad when it comes to wording things, and I don't want to come off as, "Hey, give us money for our honeymoon" 😬😅. I'm hoping maybe some of you awesome ladies can help me come up with a nice & sincere way of wording it, so I don't accidentally put myself through the ringer lol!
Thanks in advance! 💖

6 Comments

Latest activity by Julia, on January 30, 2021 at 21:43
  • Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have it started off with, "To those on our page who are sharing our special day with us," only because at this point, our guest list is all over the place due to COVID. We don't know who will be attending, and who won't be.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is this Facebook share list only people attending the wedding or everyone on your FB friend's list?

Just my personal opinion, since you're concerned about looking greedy: a registry should only be shared with guests attending the wedding. While a stag and doe normally consists of strangers and acquaintances contributing toward your wedding fundraising efforts, the culture around it means I as a guest am getting something out of it (ie a night of food and drink, some entertainment, etc). A honeyfund, or any registry, sent to people not invited to the wedding would come off as a gift grab.

• Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its sort of set up like a regular website. It's itemized, but it's set amounts that can be gifted ($20, $25, etc). Its moreso sharing it on my Facebook, since we aren't able to do any kind of Stag & Doe due to current COVID restrictions. I'm unsure how to properly work the post without making it sound "greedy", I guess.
  • Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really like the sound of that! That's a great idea, and it'll be easy to make it sound more like me too, too!

Thank you!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If your honeyfund is itemized (ie people are choosing an aspect of your honey that they can contribute set amounts to) rather than a blank slate they can throw any amount into like a typical cash gift, then you can just link to it like any other registry. It'll just show "Climbing the Eiffel Tower (or whatever)" instead of "Microwave."

• Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you all set in terms of having a home and all necessary housewares already? If so, you could say something along the lines of
    "In lieu of traditional wedding gifts - as we are well established in terms of home and housewares - we are alternatively asking for monetary gifts towards our dream honeymoon!"
    Or something along those lines!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics