Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

How did you announce your engagement?

Lynnie, on August 4, 2017 at 11:30 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6

Getting engaged is exciting in the most overwhelming way possible Smiley smile Once you said yes, who did you tell first?

We made sure all of our family members knew first (thankfully we both have small families), then we started calling our best friends! Once our closest friends and family were all in the loop we posted our #justsaidyes picture on Instagram!

How did you announce your engagement?

#justsaidyes#justsaidyes

7 Ways to Announce Your Engagement

How to Announce Your Engagement on Instagram

6 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on August 9, 2017 at 11:24
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He proposed when I got home from work at 730 in the morning after a night shift from hell. He called his family first and I called my mom. We then went for breakfast and posted a picture on Facebook about it Smiley smile

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided to get engaged together and then ordered our wedding rings right away. We told my parents that week while we were waiting for the rings to come in. Then when the rings did come in we took them over to his moms house to tell her and open them with her. Then we waited a couple weeks until our annual friend group christmas party to officially announce our engagement to everyone else. We were giving the pre-dinner speech which was basically a chronological list of all the important things we had done together as friends throughout the year and we just listed our engagement casually with everything else (so and so bought their first house, don and i finally got engaged, so and so finally paid off their car...)and watched everyones faces as the realized what we had said haha. It was quite priceless and we were able to tell almost all of our close friends/siblings (like 15 people) all at once.
    After that we made a facebook post telling everyone else we were engaged.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I called my mum first of course. She already knew he was thinking of popping the question but he did it earlier than she expected so she was still surprised. We got engaged on Christmas morning and told his family when we saw them that afternoon and then we told my extended family at New Year's when they were visiting. In between all of this we told some close friends and then eventually he changed his relationship status on Facebook and that was it (we are not big social media people).

• Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went through the important people to make sure we told them in person first, then announced it on social media. Most people saw it coming, but always exciting news.

How did you announce your engagement? - 1
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH's parents were there when we got engaged (I didn't know, they popped out to take photos and video of the engagement). Immediately after it happened i called my parents even though they already knew because he asked my dad's permission lol. Then I let my sisters know and then my best friends. At the end of the night I posted on Instagram this photo announcing our engagement.

How did you announce your engagement? - 1
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We called our families first to make sure they all knew. Then after a couple days when everyone knew, I made an announcement on facebook using these photos below. I said "Well I can finally make the big facebook announcement as we have finally shared the news with our families!!! Mitch and I got engaged yesterday evening and are looking to tie the knot next spring/summer!!!!!!!!"

engagement announcement!engagement announcement!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics