Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How did he propose?

Emilie, on September 26, 2016 at 14:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 16

Hi lovely future brides Smiley heart

Were you suprised when he proposed? Did you expect any of it? Was it the most special moment ever? Smiley love How did he propose? Smiley smile

How did he propose?

Image: Pinterest

16 Comments

Latest activity by Cheryl, on November 9, 2016 at 12:00
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's moving along ahead of schedule so I'm hoping it happens soon!!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great Cheryl!! Smiley heart Is he still waiting for the right moment to propose or did buying the rings make everything more official? Smiley smile

• Cheryl
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We actually have all three rings now!!
  • Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a clue!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sure he's waiting for the right moment Cheryl Smiley heart It's going to make it so exceptional! It's good you've already been planning though! Have you been looking at engagement rings together? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is such a perfect proposal Maly! Smiley love Did you suspect any of it before hand?

• Cheryl
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sadly I can't say he has yet...he's planning to in a few months though!
  • Maly
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's so awesome family and friends were there Nelly!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley smile it is nice we can go back often- and we do!

We had already eaten dinner, which is for the best. I was so excited I probably would not have eaten much. We didn't tell anyone until the next day, it was later in the evening on a work night, so we just enjoyed our good news together and made phone calls in the morningSmiley heart

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awww!! That's great Melissa! Smiley heart

I just read this Smiley xd This is so cute!! It's so nice that he did it in that spot like you said so you can visit anytime and it will always bring back amazing memories!! I also love that he had been carrying the ring around for about a month and was just waiting for the right moment Smiley love

Did you have dinner together after? Or did you just tell everyone as soon as you got home?

• Maly
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Right??
    And I'm doubly shocked my mom didn't spill it!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That story made me all teary eyed- so perfect! Just beautiful all around....look at that view!
    The surprise aspect is so fun! and my FH is usually awful at hiding things
  • Maly
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like Melissa. Mine was a complete surprise too!
    He asked my parents permission first and showed them the ring. Then he took me to Niagara for New Year's. We walked all over Niagara falls with all the pretty Christmas lights! Then surprised me with dinner at Skylon Tower! After, he took me up to the observation deck and said he wanted a picture of me looking at the falls. When I turned back around he was down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I thought I was imagining it But there was a lady inside the window jumping up and down screaming and clapping at us! I pulled him up and hugged him while crying my eyes out. He had to get back down and ask again because I was so hysterical and didn't say yes yet!
    That's the picture he took right before he proposed!
    That was our dinner table that lined up so perfectly with the fireworks that I'm sure he planned it with the restaurant.

How did he propose? - 1

How did he propose? - 2
  • Maly
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aww!! That is so perfect!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our engagement was very quiet- and a complete surprise. We were walking our dog by the waterfront (which we do just about every day, otherwise we take her to a park) and He just stopped me and proposed.

It was very sweet, not very organized, and I might have even laughed a bit at how out of the blue it was! It was the perfect proposal for us.

My Fiance told me after that he had been carrying the ring around for about a month waiting for the "right time in the right place" and chose that particular night because he was just tired of waiting! I think that makes it the perfect time and place- and now we have a spot we can visit for a picnic each year Smiley smile

• Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancee planned a very elaborate and formal engagement party. I had no clue he bought me a dress and all my accessories. He proposed to me at our engagement party with all our families and close friends.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics