Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

How are you personalizing your wedding ceremony?

Lynnie, on June 28, 2018 at 12:09 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 19

What are you doing to modernize and personalize your wedding ceremony?

Are there any special elements you're adding or traditions you're definitely tweaking (or skipping completely)? I love hearing all about how people are putting their own spin on things!

Glow Stick Unity Ceremony:How are you personalizing your wedding ceremony? 1

Photo from Phillippe Mariages FSEV Weddings in Mirabel

Need some ceremony ideas or inspiration? Check out 5 Ways to Symbolize Your Marriage ,

6 Ways to Shake Up Your Wedding Processional , and 8 Ways to Personalize Your Marriage .

19 Comments

Latest activity by Jessie, on July 9, 2018 at 07:24
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great idea! I'm not much of a wine drinker or we probably would haha

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are also doing this! Except opening ours at our 10 year anniversary we will open them at our one year, then put in a new one to open at our 2 year, and so on.

• Jessie
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We went on amazon and searched wooden wine box and got one for a great price. Then we went to the LCBO and found a wine from california that ages and bought it. We put the wine in the wine box and we are going to write a love letter to each other to place in the wine box at our ceremony for us to open up together at our 10 year anniversary.

• Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're keeping is short and sweet. We're having both our parents walk us down the aisle. Although I want to walk alone, I've always been independent. But as the only daughter, my dad would be crushed. We are also skipping the garter and bouquet toss. And pruning the unnecessary bits in the ceremony.
    The building we are getting married in has an indigenous gallery on the main floor so we are toying with the idea of doing an acknowledgement that we are on traditional territory

• Megs
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Megs ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fh and i want a very non religious light hearted ceremony. we are having our officiant re-tell our story of how we met in his own words and we will be also saying our own vows. we are skipping all of the sand/candle and wine box stuff, its not really us.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't decided on anything to modernize our wedding, but we plan to skip a lot of the traditional wedding trends (bouquet toss, garter toss, receiving line, etc.).

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re starting our ceremony out by thanking our parents:

Today Jennifer and Brady proclaim their love and commitment to the world. Jennifer and Brady want to make special recognition of their parents for making today possible. Thank you moms and dads for giving us a wonderful beginning.

(Brady and Jen give roses to parents).

I think we’ll just give roses to our moms but still hug and thank both parents.
    We also want to include some of our own vows.

How are you personalizing your wedding ceremony? 2
  • T
    Beginner July 2019 Ontario
    TIANNA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can you explain that sounds interesting
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My grandfather that raised me (I called him dad), passed away almost 11 years ago. and I wanted him to be remembered. So my 2 cousins (also his granddaughters) are going to go up and light a candle or something in his honour.
    beyond that. haven't thought of much else.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this. That will be so cute and meaningful and ahhhhh I just love it. Smiley tongue
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I are going to be using my parents wedding vows that were written by my great grandfather, and my grandfather who is my dad's father will be our officiant, and my parents will have no idea until the ceremony starts! Smiley shame
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We added some of the Indian traditions into the wedding to give that special moment and wore Indian outfits.
  • Jessie
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a wine box and love letter to make our ceremony extra specialSmiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our friend be our officiant and we said our own vows so we were both modern and personalized.

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding will be the joining of 2 people from different background and cultures. We are skipping lots of traditions and keep it to basic. I am glad my parents are ok with that. Moreover, none of us like making public scenes. So the wedding will be something simple and fun for everyone.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really want us to write our own vows but my FH really doesn't want to :/ Everything else that I've seen (sand, candles, etc.) just don't seem very "cool" or "us" so I'm still thinking Smiley smile

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance doesn't want to do "performed" vows (reading our own), as he hates public speaking and gets too nervous. So we are going to write our repeat after me vows for the officiant.

However I am really like this wine box ceremony idea.... I think it's a nice touch, and it gives us something to look forward to for our first anniversary to go with our cake!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dont think we'll be able to do too much as we will be in a church! I hope to add a little bit of us into it or a surprise for my fiance!!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't doing anything too crazy.

We actually wrote the 'script' for our whole ceremony, so all the wording that the officiant says is ours. We're also writing our own vows. Otherwise, it's very simple.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics