Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

How are you?!

Kelsie, on April 23, 2020 at 15:50 Posted in WeddingWire 0 25
Hey WW!

With COVID and all of life’s regular stresses, I wanted to check in with everyone and see how everyone is doing!
I’m a bit stressed - Ontario hasn’t released their opening plan yet which is beginning to scare me. I find it unlikely Ontario will open before June and then it will be a phased opening also. I’m not sure a month and a half gives us enough time.
We close on our house in three weeks today so we’re excited about that - at least that is still going ahead amid COVID!
How is everyone feeling?! Are you like me and waiting to see what’s going to happen? Have you already postponed or cancelled at feel relieved?

25 Comments

Latest activity by Darmae, on June 3, 2020 at 10:31
  • Darmae
    Curious December 2020 Ontario
    Darmae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes 💕

We’re all in this together Smiley smile
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m crossing my fingers for you!! Our guest list is 325 and that was unfortunately one of the factors in deciding to postpone we wouldn’t have been able to pick and choose who would come and who wouldn’t.

I hope by December COVID is only a memory so you can have your magical wedding day!
  • Darmae
    Curious December 2020 Ontario
    Darmae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some days are better than the others. Our date is 12.12.2020 and we are really hoping to get married on that day!

We have 300+ people on our guest list and if we need to, we wouldn’t mind bringing the guest count down. Since the state of emergency was extended and the limit of gatherings is still 5 until July, I’m hoping to at least have 50-100 guests by December.
    It’s been such a great encouragement to have this awesome WW community 💕
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m so sorry - I know exactly how you feel. I didn’t want to give up our July 18 date at all. At the end of the day, we aren’t seeing much progress with case numbers declining and the reopening is taking much longer than I anticipated.

Our new date isn’t at all what we want but at the end of the day - hopefully next year everyone will be healthy and won’t have to worry about COVID.
    I hope you get the day you’re hoping for! Fingers are crossed for you!!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

NOT good!! each day stresses me out. im hoping we can have a small wedding in august i really dont want to cancel anything

• Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have officially postponed our August wedding to August 2021. Like a lot of couples, we’re still planning to have a small ceremony on our original day. And still not 100% on what we want 2021 to look like cause I didn’t realize how important it was to me to have my dad walk me down the aisle in front of our friends and family until it almost wasn’t going to happen. So we’ll likely still do a full ceremony and reception only a year after legally getting married.

That really sucks your reception hall doesn’t have any available Saturdays until 2022 😞. Is it possible to switch venues? I’m guessing if it’s for 300+ people though your deposit was pretty hefty. Sorry you’re going through this. Hopefully your move and new house will bring some excitement to this crappy time!
  • Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was waiting it out up until yesterday, as AB made new announcement yesterday that confirms we can't have the wedding on our date now (August 8) unless we make it 15 people or less. I feel actually a little better now - it was stressful not knowing. I didn't want to give it up unless I heard we had to. I might be pushing my luck, but I'm aiming to reschedule for October. One of my family members bought their flight tickets so I feel bad that they have to try to cancel their flights 😣
  • Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just waiting it out still. We definitely will get married on our date regardless. I think we'll wait until probably mid-late May to decide on if we'll postpone a reception. I'm really hoping we can at least have all of our family present on the day. But we'll work with whatever we can! I have my invitations, dress and veil on their way and scheduled to be here in plenty of time, rings waiting for us as soon as the jewellery store reopens.... and I'm thinking, if places don't reopen soon, they're going to have to start offering pickup or shipping. Many people are getting antsy to have their jewellery returned to them, myself included. But I'm walking forward and faith and trusting that we'll be married regardless of how the day looks. I'm thinking worst case scenario, we can have 5 people in the church, do a little backyard celebration with photos and cake, and just make it as much of a special time that we can.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's so hard! You plan and dream about your special day and to have it ruined by something totally out of anyone's control is heart breaking. Especially with all of the time and care you put into your invites!

I read an article this morning by a U of T professor who said if you have a summer wedding this year, it's not going to happen - so we're starting to worry more and more that we won't have our wedding.

It's good you're still having your wedding and reducing guest count! We invited over 300 people and to pick and choose who could come versus not come would cause so many fights and arguments - we'd rather just cancel.

I don't know what to do honestly! I don't want o regret later in life not having a reception...but I also feel the magic is gone from our day. Having a reception later would almost feel like a pity party to me? I don't know. It's so hard.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're really just 'a bit' stressed, you're handling this like a champ! At least you do have your new house to stay excited about and to take your mind off things a little.

Like most, our planning has come to a grinding halt and I'm super anxious about all the uncertainty. The plan is to go ahead with our date and just reduce as much as we need to. So at this point we're pretty sure we're just going to cut our guest list to about 45 and give up trying to plan for 100+ guests at all. If August rolls around and that's still too many, we'll downsize to 15. We were about to send out invites when this all started, so I'm still processing my irritation at having wasted all the time and money putting so many of those together.. But we're going to start building our ceremony arch (since we'll use that no matter the size) to try to get some of the excitement back.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m so sorry COVID pushed your hand to postpone! It’s really just been a terrible last two months for everyone but especially brides and those who’ve lost loved ones.

Our venue doesn’t have any dates for us til 2022, among other things in our lives, so sadly I won’t have a reception if it doesn’t end up happening.
    All we can all do is support one another and keep positive!!
  • Kristen
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like everything said here is exactly all the emotions I’ve gone through.
    We’ve been planning 2.5 years, and picked August 1 2020 as it’s our 10 year anniversary. I held so much attachment to this date so I kept holding on.
    It got to the point that the last 2 weeks my anxiety and mental health took a serious toll, I wasn’t able to sleep etc. Today we made the decision to postpone to April 17,2021 and I feel like I’m still numb to the whole thing as I’m confirming a few small vendors still, but I’m sure I’ll crack once it’s all moved.We are hoping to still legally get married August 1, with our siblings & parents.
    Really keeping my fingers crossed for all summer & fall brides! Regardless of the decisions made, it was the right one that works for you and I feel like that was something I finally came to terms with today.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was just talking to friends on a video chat and we talked about wedding stuff for a few minutes. It's nice to be able to bounce ideas off of friends right now. Tonight we joked about the guys wearing flowers in their beards, as long as they aren't prettier than me I'm down!

I'm in NB and it sounds like we are getting closer to beginning to reopen, but a plan has not been announced yet. We only have 14 active cases so I would not be surprised if the gov is waiting until those are resolved and we are at 0. My biggest worry still is FH's family not being allowed to enter Canada from the states. Our plan is still to wait to make our decision in July and I think I'll be able to handle whichever way the decision goes. I feel more hopeful about being able to see friends and family soon, but honestly I would give up the wedding to see the people I love right now!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You will know the right time when it comes. Its a matter of time before you get to get the planning back in progress.
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah it is so hard to know what to do! this is why I haven't even chosen a future reception date. Well, there is still time. See how things go! x

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s very hard to be patient with a wedding on the line that you’ve spent lots of money on lol but we are trying our very best
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re getting married in the church also - but would forego it if we had to and get married at the reception venue.

It’s so hard to know what to do in these times!
    Unfortunately, a Friday or Sunday wouldn’t work for our guests and we have to have a 200 person guest count - so we’ll just cancel. It’s not a big deal for us, we would just put the money we would get back into our house!
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am still hoping to get legally married June 27th. The reason why I am hoping is because we want to get married in the Catholic church so hopefully some sort of ban is lifted by then so we can include our parents and siblings. That would be fine enough. I know my reception party wont happen that day. Still debating whether to postpone the party to 2021.. it just seems too far away. Or might have a small celebration in the near future.

Also the reason why we want to get married so quickly is because we dont live together.

This whole pandemic makes it so brutal because I cant see him! I dont want to risk it.

..... I saw your post below about 2022 - would your venue have Friday or Sunday availability in 2021? I hope everything works out for you!! x

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For the most part, we are doing ok and finding my husband to be somewhat complaining a lot more now than ever. Being together all day and giving grief on things i hear is not great.
    Otherwise from being bored, i do keep busy with being supportive to this community chats, making cards and other crafts. Amazon shopping seems to be done more since it keeps time going by.
    Canada is having its ups and downs for this situation to not progress to lower its numbers or businesses opening anytime soon. We have to be patient until everything gets back to the way it was before.Its good news ti hear for you two moving into your new home. Must be exciting to look forward to the day.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m so so sorry you had to postpone but I’m sure you have a huge weight lifted off your shoulders!

Our venue wouldn’t have any dates for us until 2022 and we aren’t waiting 2 years to throw a reception. We’re holding onto dear life for our date but at this point who even knows.
    Trying to keep positive as best we can!
  • V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were taking the wait and see approach until we pulled the plug this past week. We unfortunately didn’t see progress being made for our original wedding date of June 27, 2020 to happen.

Premier Ford you can tell is very strict and we didn’t think they will open up too quickly (which is good) but I totally might be wrong. They recently extended the ban of no more than 5 people until May 6.
    I was living with severe anxiety everyday wondering if my day would happen or not that it was taking a huge toll on my mental health. That’s why we decided to move it to September 25, 2021. Unfortunately we couldn’t get an earlier date because all our vendors were booked Smiley sad they said a lot of couples are moving their wedding and had very limited availability. We even had to lose a vendor and loose one
    We felt a huge sigh of relief when we postponed, although a little sad of course Smiley sad but it is what it is. We couldn’t live with the uncertainty. Plus I remember reading that business that congregate large groups of people would be in the last phase of opening which we didn’t think would happen by June.
    I’m crossing my fingers for your wedding date, and congratulations on your new home!
    I hope everyone’s wedding date works out this summer, we just couldn’t handle the uncertainty and stress anymore.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely agree. We have to be grateful for the health of ourselves, family and friends though. This will eventually pass!
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Smiley sad indeed ... it’s okay to not be okay I suppose
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m so sorry! It was such a shock for everyone this year - all we can do is remain positive.

I’m waiting on pins and needles for Ontario to release their reopening plan!!
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wasn’t stressed u too now but I’m literary sitting here crying. I don’t know what’s going to happen... no one does. And it sucks when your vendors don’t work with you. It’s not okay! But here we are trying to stay positive anyway

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics