Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Expert September 2020 Quebec

How are you?

Shannon, on April 5, 2020 at 14:43 Posted in WeddingWire 0 15

With all that's going on, How are you holding up?

I am lucky to have my FH home from work. But I remember a day when I was so depressed and felt completely alone. I am here to chat with. Although our wedding are what on our mind, we still have everyday life to deal with. What has been helping me is a routine. Getting up having my coffee and sunshine early, then shower and clean up maybe start thinking about what to make for dinner.

Yes all the wedding stuff is on my mind, but I know there is not much we can do atm. So until the time comes, Keep your head up and this will pass.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Johnny, on August 26, 2020 at 20:11
  • S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think we are all having days like that lately. I'm holding off til May 4 and see what happens next.

Hope you have your milk now...lol

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have my days sometimes i think oh this will pass in a month and a half and then other times im freaking out thinking i have to cancel my wedding. its been very up and down for me. i also ran out of milk for my tea so that day i was crying about my wedding ahhaha

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi veronica,

Stressful forsure.Yes our weddings do matter. I'm also a September bride and just like you, i think this can't go on for another six months. If it does though it is a good idea to have a back up plan. My FH does not want to discuss it. I on the other hand hate surprises, so I have been looking at options myself.

My garden is really helping me stay focus on the now.

Stay safe Smiley heart

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Heya, thanks for the call out!

I was doing OK-ish, and then yesterday something just snapped in me. FH's brother is getting married August 1st, and they have now come up with a back up date for next year if needed. FH told me this yesterday and then mentioned casually that he thinks our October wedding is fine but we could come up with a back up plan and for some reason I just lost my mind. I guess I had been avoiding even thinking about that because I can't imagine this being our life for another 6 months, so I just wasn't interested in the back up plan option at all. So something in me snapped when he said it (even casually) and THEN he said that it would be fine if we had to postpone, and that I will just have to be ok with that ... I am sure you can imagine how that all went down ladies. Ensue mental break down, complete with tears, screaming, and the desire to punch something. I eventually calmed down and we talked it out. I had to understand it is just his nature to be calm and chill with whatever life throws at us, he does not sulk or get sad. I needed to know from him that he would be disappointed if we had to postpone so that I did not feel alone in all this. It is just a crazy time right now!!!! And if one more person tells me that the wedding does not matter, all that matters is being able to legally marry my fiancé, hell hath no fury. I find it so disrespectful to tell people that. If the wedding did not matter to us, then we would have not planned it in the first place. Rant over.

Hang in there everyone Smiley heart

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I noticed on the news this morning that other countries are also starting to see less new cases.

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Kara you're welcome. We all need to stick together. Sometimes just a little vent can help get us through the day. Smiley smile

Please remember you need to self care, so you can continue to give care. A Little sunshine in the morning can help get you through the day. It has helped me.

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Rayanne,

On the plus side your FH is home. I can see how draining it must be day to day. Just remember to take care of you first. Only then can you care for others.

It will end, just later then sooner. In the meantime try to be thankful for the sun and spring and all that it brings. New life and another season. Just like theses season can feel like they last forever they will end and time will go on.

Routine has helped me stay focus. I also am having a hard time focusing on my wedding in September. I decided to only worry in july.

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Amelli,

That's great news to hear. Hope you are taking all the precautions and staying safe.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope so! It seems Ontario is beginning to flatten which is definitely positive! We are holding out hope for now Smiley smile

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Kelsie,

Something to look forward to. That must help get through the days. Hopefully by june you will be able to celebrate. Keeping positive is all we can do for today.

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tori,

Ive been there before with the school work online. I took a course a few years back for accounting. Boy was I glad when it was over. Keep your head up. We will get through this.

• K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was holding up okay until this weekend.
    My FH has been quarantined for illness (still have about 6 of those 14 days...) so that’s been hard. Emotionally, mentally and physically. He is isolated in our home, so I have been a nurse, a cook, an obsessive cleaner, and basically operating our lives at present time.... I’ve never had so many video chats in my life where the sole purpose was to request coca-cola or soup.....lol

I am a nurse, so, I am still working as well. I’m exhausted, and I’m over this Covid-19 crap...lol
    We have not postponed our June 20 date because I remain hopeful that society will come together, follow the rules and kick this to the curb. It’s not really happening here in my city....but I’m trying so hard to remain hopeful. If I don’t I think I might just fall to the floor in an ugly crying mess. Although- at present time- my dress is locked away mid-alteration, my MOH can’t cross the border and our venue has no alternate dates for 2020 (other than 2 we can’t do)...so... it doesn’t look too good right now...... lol
    Thank you for asking this question. I don’t think anyone has, to be honest 😁 needed a little vent, apparently!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can't think about wedding plans. It's the first time in years I haven't been able to dream about our day. Pinterest is a heart break and the wedding, even though its not till next February, doesn't feel like it is going to happen. My FH is home I will be working the entire time of this since I work at a long term care home. I'm terrified of being the person who makes my residents sick, never mind my family. I'm glad my FH is off so I dont have to worry about the kids being off. I'm finding all of this draining. I'm trying to keep up beat but I can't see the end of this.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're both still working. I'm not sure if that will last forever so we are enjoying it while it does while preparing for a potential financial dry spell.

My office job has moved me home, which has taken some adjustments to get used to. This past week several of my coworkers we're laid off so I am very grateful to be working right now. My cats love having me home all day.
    My second job is at a pet store and we are considered essentials right now. I've never looked forward to going to work as much as I do right now. Having a socially acceptable reason to leave the house is great. This week I had a lot of customers who live alone and you can tell they are starved for conversation, as much as we are encouraged to get our shopping done and get home I couldn't help but let them all get a few minutes of (distanced) human contact in. We're short staffed so I've been busy and I love it.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m still working and FH is still working - we are considered essential.

We also still live in separate homes so we haven’t seen each other in weeks now which is hard.
    We hope all of our events will go on untouched as we’ve postponed the shower from May to mid June and hope the wedding is good to go in July!
    Fingers crossed! We move in about a month to our first home and we’re excited about that!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics