Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maya
Expert January 2019 Alberta

Hotels in Edmonton

Maya, on June 21, 2018 at 21:44 Posted in Alberta 0 5
I am looking for suggestions of hotels to get ready at that have good lighting and decor for photos. We are getting married at fort Edmonton park and would be looking for something centrally locates. I have looked at the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald and the specialty suite which looks and sounds amazing is $1205.

Please let let me know which hotel you stayed/are planning to stay at for getting ready. What did you like? What did you wish was different? Thanks for any suggestions you have for me.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Gina, on June 22, 2018 at 16:48
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We stayed the the delux river view room. It was nice, don’t get me wrong, just nothing AMAZING. Our friends stayed in a bridal suite there, and our room was way nicer.. theirs was old looking, with old headboards. We didn’t really care to look at the rooms before hand, I just wanted a double bed and riverview (amazing scenery) I bet you the suites on the top floor are stunning! If you’ve never stayed there before, then you definitely should at least once. I would stay again, but FH wouldn’t. BUT!!! When we did stay there, he was set on having our wedding there, then something in him switched. I think it was the bill at the end 😂
  • Maya
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it is Smiley smile which room did you stay in? We are looking at staying in the specialty suites on the top floor. Did the hotel Macdonald allow you to look at the rooms before or was that not aloud?
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No, but my friend has. And she said it’s incredible. I’ve stayed at the hotel MacDonald. And it’s not worth the hype lol. The rooms are so plain, some are still very dated. At least you can see the room at the union bank in before you stay. With that being said, I love photos at the hotel MacDonald. The grounds are amazing and so are the hallways (for wedding photos) both hotels have a ton of history. I just personally love the look of the union bank in rooms, while the hotel Mac is beautiful for photos around the hotel. I don’t think my post is helpful whatsoever lol
  • Maya
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have you stayed their before? I guess I should have also mentioned this would be our backup shooting location if it’s too cold. What do you think of the rest of the hotels apperance. The photos I’ve looked at line I’m not sure about and the different room colour.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out the union bank inn! It’s so close to the hotel MacDonald. They rooms are amazing and cheaper!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics