Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rana
Beginner April 2023 British Columbia

Host Bar Price?

Rana, on May 24, 2021 at 16:17 Posted in Wedding reception 0 2

We're having a wedding in 2023 and the venue (Swaneset, BC) offers host bar/limited host bar/toonie/cash bar. We wanted to go for the host bar option but were wondering approximately how much should we put aside for that? Drinks are approximately 6.50 each and I think we wouldn't include hard liquor. Just wine, beer and a couple of cocktails. We will have around 120 people and I would say overall they are moderate drinkers.

2 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on May 24, 2021 at 19:34
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Christiana has a good formula for calculating drinks. How much is your unlimited host bar? In my experience in the GTA, they're around $40 per person. The thing with a individually priced host bar is that every non-alcoholic drink will also add to your cost and the number becomes a surprise at the end of the night, whereas with an unlimited host bar, you know the cost and can set it aside.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the standard guideline is approximately 2 drinks per person for the first hour/cocktail hour and then 1 drink per person for every hour after that. So it will depend on how long your wedding is supposed to go. That's the average and any heavy drinkers should be offset by non-drinkers or light drinkers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics