Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tiffany
Frequent user August 2023 Ontario

Honeymoon Suggestions

Tiffany, on May 30, 2019 at 16:37 Posted in Honeymoon 0 9
My FH and I are unsure of where to go on our honeymoon. He had travelled a lot and I have not. (I have never flown before) We want to do an all inclusive resort but unsure where. Suggestions?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on June 28, 2019 at 11:54
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tiffany,

This all depends on your budget and what you expect out of your Honeymoon, are you looking for a beautiful beach and drinks or Food, classy resort with excursions?

There are a lot of things you need to consider! Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Tiffany, so your budget will definitely determine where you end up for a good all inclusive. FH and I have gone to Cuba, Mexico, and Dominican Republic and each had their pros and cons.

I'm not going to go into specifics for each but overall I liked Dominican Republic best. The weather was HOT, the people were friendly, the drinks and food were good, and the beaches are very nice. The price-point isn't too expensive (last time we went we paid $3200 for the week for both of us) and we are always really happy when we go there.

If you want a suggestion on my favourite resort ever, I LOVE Breathless Resorts. They're honest-to-god 5 star resorts, all-inclusive, and 18+! This place (we went to the Cancun location) has ruined me for all other resorts lol.

Best of luck picking your honeymoon destination!

(FH and I are going to Aruba for our honeymoon FYI since there are no risk of hurricanes there in August!)

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also, pay the extra and go to an adult's only regardless of where you go.. Trust me. It is a world of difference.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It definitely depends on your style and your needs.. you can pretty much do an all inclusive anywhere.. If great food is a top priority then I would stick to Mexico or Jamaica...

If beaches is your thing and food isn't overly important then I would say Cuba 100%.. Santa Maria is my absolute favourite vacation spot. You can't beat the people or the beaches but the food is definitely not as great as other places, I like it and I have no problems eating there.. but like I said, you want amazing food stick to Domincan, Mexico, Jamaica, Costa Rica - those kinda of places.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All-inclusive resorts are nice - I'd try Mexico, for great food and awesome people Smiley smile We went to Playa Del Carmen 2 years ago, it was amazing!

• Miranda
    Beginner May 2020 Ontario
    Miranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think cruises are a great idea. You can find packages with your local travel agency. They will make land stops so it’s like visiting multiple beaches, I’m sure there’s a few that your FH won’t have visited.
  • Loi-Marie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Loi-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try looking into Zanzibar islands too!! Beautiful beaches and their currency is super cheap compare to ours! I’ve been before and I’m going back this winter for a vacation! All the other suggestions are awesome too!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh so many fun places to go! Doing an all inclusive for your honeymoon I would suggest adults only.
    Then if you guys are beach people then somewhere with a nice beach! If you guys aren’t really beach people then you want a nice pool to hang out in!
    Punta Cana is beautiful. The beaches are nice, and the food is good! We have been to Grand Palladium. They do have an adults only which I believe is called TRS suites now.
    Cuba has some really nice spots but the food isn’t the greatest. My BIL and SIL went to Cayo Santa Maria for their honeymoon and loved it. But with Cuba you want to look at more 5 star resorts.
    Jamacia is also super nice! The Riu properties are beautiful. The food is AMAZING!!
    We are going to Mexico to an adults only for our honeymoon. My dad and step mom went to the same resort for their honeymoon and they loved it. I’ve also heard that the Cancun side of Mexico has a really nice beach!
    Crusies are also an option to see more islands. But you really have to watch the clock when you get off the island to make sure you are back on the boat etc.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was/am in the same boat as you - prior to meeting my FH I had never been on a plane or gone anywhere other than Banff for a family vacation (otherwise we camped) - but here are what we were thinking (although now we have to consider the Zika virus as we want to have kids asap):

1. Anywhere that has a Sandals resort (to avoid kids)

2. Somewhere that he hasn't been before (so that it is new to both of us - and so it isn't a "oh, I've been there before but with my ex blah blah blah)

3. Possibly a cruise so that we can see more than one place (and neither of us have been on one before)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics