Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Master August 2017 Ontario

Honeymoon suggestions?

Chelsea, on November 5, 2016 at 16:01 Posted in Honeymoon 0 10

Hey everyone! Just wondering what places people have travelled to and how they liked it there. I have been to the states numerous times but the only place I have really travelled to was Cuba. I am just looking for different honeymoon idea's and to hear about past experiences since mine are limited! TIA Smiley smile

Honeymoon

Honeymoon

10 Comments

Latest activity by Tiffany, on November 10, 2016 at 20:50
  • Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I attended a friend of the families wedding at Sandals Montego Bay. It's pricey, but amazing! All inclusive (some resorts don't include alcohol), beautiful, and unbelievable service. My Mom has been to Dominican Republic (not sure which resort though) and the Sandals Montego Bay and she said she preferred the Sandals. But like I said, it's pricey.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be going right after our wedding so it will be in August! And I would like to see a lot of the world at some point in time so I am open to the locations being in American or in Europe and Asia as well!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's amazing Chelsea!! Smiley love I love hot weather locations!! What time of the year do you want to go on your honeymoon? Do you prefer locations in America or would you like to visit Europe or Asia as well? Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friends had their wedding and honeymoon at the Sandals in Jamaica (I can't recall excatly which one) and they cannot recommend it enough!!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bahama's, Jamaica, Costa Rica and Dominican.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bahamas was GOREGOUS!! It was my first cruise and I highly recommend them! Nassau was a bit scary to just go walking around and the Atlantis was really nice, but way over-priced! We did go SNUBA diving in Nassau and it was SO FREAKING COOL! It was like scuba diving but without having to be certified. Freeport was a bit of a disappointment, all the excursions were way more expensive here and there wasn't much else to do (no good beaches nearby).

What other locations are on your short list?

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are leaning towards a more tropical vacation but I am open to all ideas!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so incredibly jealous of you! Bahama's in on my list of places that I am considering for my honeymoon!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Man I love to travel!! I've been toSmiley atonishedcotland - the Scottish highlands were INCREDIBLEEngland - LOVED London, Bath and Stonehenge are worth checking out for sure (but nothing more than a day trip)Ireland - Dublin was overrated and it's the only time I felt really uncomfortable walking around by myself. but the rest was just amazing
    Italy - southern Amalfi coast was the highlight, and the Isle of Capri never had more amazing pizza in my entire life!Dominican Republic - nice but nothing AMAZING, you're pretty much just sticking to the resort, not really safe to go offVaradaro, Cuba - felt safest leaving the resort here. Beautiful city!Bahamas (cruise) - very beautiful, must go to Half Moon Cay (jet skiing in the open ocean and through reefs was incredible!)
    That's all I can think of. If you want more details or recommendations on something specific, just let me know!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My all time favourite trip was to Engleberg and Lucerne, Switzerland! Mountians, and activites, lots of history, entertainment and great people.

Second favourite would be a tour of wine reigons in France, but that might not make for a great honeymoon.

I have never been on a "tropical vacation" so I can't weigh in on those locations, hopefully there are some Brides who can help with those locations.

Are you looking for a tropical location, or are you open to just any idea that catches your fancy?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics