Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristina
Curious September 2018 Ontario

Honeymoon Registry that gives you cash?

Kristina, on March 25, 2018 at 19:26 Posted in Honeymoon 0 10

Hi Everyone,

We would like to register for a honeymoon because we would like cash but don't want to ask for cash. Most of the sites I have seen either charge a fee or you have to book through specific partners. Our travel agent doesn't have a registry and so we want an option that allows you to just take cash out. Is there such a thing?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on April 4, 2018 at 18:20
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It says it goes onto a reloadable gift card, and gift cards are 99.9% of the time not refundable for cash. That might just be if you just have a little left over, but I doubt they’d give the full amount on cheque. The reason they don’t charge fees for the registry is because they make the money from the hotels and airlines by you booking through them.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although your travel agency doesn't have one, look into Flight Centre. When I was going to book through them, I looked into their honeymoon registry, and it never connects with an itinerary. You simply create a registry, and off you go. I met with someone in person and they never mentioned fees or anything. And when I asked about "what if it goes over/under"... she said "We just cut you a cheque, it's your money"... So I would maybe look into that, because your guests will never know that you didn't actually book through Flight Centre, and you can just cash the cheque afterwards...

If you do find something for this, please let me know! I'm in the same boat, I just don't have to have this set up for another 5-6 months.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went through a travel agency in our city. They do take a bit of a cut when you book the actual honeymoon but do not take from the amount that you have received from your guests. Call around to different agencies in your city and see if they can do the same!

For our registry, if we make more than what we owe for the honeymoon they send us a cheque for the amount remaining.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    PayPal fees are normal.

I would just let my friends and family know we would prefer cash for the honeymoon. That way you're not worried about setting up a cash registry.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100% agreed! Your friends and family know you so you shouldn't be embarrassed to ask. Some people have specific situations why they ask for cash instead and they know that. We have lived together for 2 years plus we live across the country so asking for physical gifts just doesn't make sense for us. So might as well ask for some honeymoon cash! Lol
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The FAQs say they charge paypal fees and a handling fee to your guests when they send money. Though my hope would be people would see the request for cash and just opt to give it in person rather than though the site.

• C
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Cathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just ask for cash.... plain and simple... beating around the bush and stressing yourself out why??? Just so ppl don't think that you are "rude" to ask for cash?? I think your family and friends should know who you are (values/beliefs ) so I would worry about them judging you guys, they know and love and support you already!!
    Just my opinion.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Myregistry.com has a cash gift option. No fees. I'm using it for the gifts portion and I'm super happy with it.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We plan to just set it up at the wedding. So people can bring cheques or cash and put it in the specific honey fund area. I don't think there is anywhere you can just take the cash out without fees.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve heard of them but can’t recall any of the names right now. If you don’t register, your guests might just be forced to give you monetary gifts instead that you can put towards your honeymoon.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics