Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Honeymoon or Minimoon?!

Amanda, on January 20, 2022 at 13:39 Posted in Honeymoon 0 19

After the wedding comes the honeymoon - a romantic vacation for you and your new spouse to decompress after the wedding and spend time together. I know with everything going on with restrictions with this pandemic, a lot of couples have opted out for a honeymoon and instead have decided on a mini moon in Canada in the mean time until it’s completely safe to travel again.

Where have you and your fiance chosen to go?!

How long will your honeymoon or mini moon last?

I can’t wait to hear all about the awesome trip that you have planned!

For my fiance and I, since we are having a somewhat of a destination wedding and we’ll be there for 2 weeks, we have decided to wait to have our honeymoon when we’re able to travel without crazy restrictions and testing. We're crossing our fingers to go for our 1 year anniversary.

We will be going for 2 weeks and we will be going to Disneyland in California!! As well as all of the amusement parks in the city. Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Los Angeles Zoo, Sea World San Diego & San Diego Zoo!

Honeymoon or Minimoon?! 1

19 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on January 21, 2022 at 10:48
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's wonderful! Now you have something to look forward to in 2023!

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were supposed to have a minimoon just downtown here in Ottawa (gifted from my husband's family) immediately after our wedding. We both work in education so we can only travel at certain points of the year. Our big honeymoon was planned for this past summer - Adriatic Sea 10 day cruise (Italy, Greece, Montenegro, Croatia), with a week or so extension to explore Tuscany after. We had to postpone of course to next summer but we ended up with a better deal in a higher class on a better cruise line 😅 you win some you lose some. However, now we have to postpone again because turns out you can't bring a 3 month on baby on this cruise. Surprises on all fronts! So our minimoon which, was postponed 5 times 😂, finally happened the week before our first anniversary during the winter break. It was our minimoon, baby-moon, and boosti-moon (we got our boosters on our way 😂) and an anniversary celebration. We already have babysitters lined up so we can go on our honeymoon in 2023 🥰.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'll definitely check that out! My Fiancé and I went in july 2020 using the Alberta rate!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The gondola is awesome! I love being on top of that mountain! I know when we booked online for it in August, they had a special discount for Alberta residence, I'm not too if they still have that or not but it's worth a shot

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    As of right now all I have on my want to do list is: some hiking, go to rose & crowns rooftop patio and the gondola (my cousin from Ontario wants to do it and I want her to experience that)
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm hoping so too! We're going snowboarding so it's not a really big deal if they're still closed.

That would suck if they were still closed in May. But there's so many other things to for a bachelorette party out there! I'm sure you'll find something. Yeah a week before and getting sick would really suck!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no!! Hopefully their staff can recover quickly! We're supposed to be going in May the weekend before my wedding for my bachelorette party but we will have to see what the situation is like closer to. I'm worried about getting sick a week before the wedding.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no! We were up there in August and you were only allowed to stay in the springs for 30 minutes :/ and now a couple of weeks ago I heard they're closed until further notice because they have no staff because all of there employees are sick. We're heading up there in March and I hope they're still not closed!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are definitely planning on going to the hot springs! Every time we've gone to banff their hot springs have been closed :/
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

100% you will! Plus the main attraction is the Hot Springs!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I do have a fear of heights but it sounds like I would love Floe Lake!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I highly recommend the Valley Zipline! It's a must if you and your fiance aren't afraid of heights! I'm not too sure if it will be open in May but I would just check!

There's so many hiking spots as well. One of my favorites is Floe Lake! The water is so blue and you might be able to see snow still up on the mountains during May as well! It's just breathtaking!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally get it! When we were in Banff in August, main street wasn't crazy busy like normal and even when we went up to lake louise, it wasn't crazy busy either! It's so weird what times we're in!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have not been yet! I'd love to hear any recommendations you have for us!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a mini-moon in the Niagara region. It was really weird how quiet that area is compared to the hustle and bustle during normal times.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How lovely!!! You will love Radium!!! Been there severely times myself and had a great time! Have you guys been there before?!

That's exciting!!! Surprise vacations are always awesome!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were hoping to do both! 2 days after the wedding we will be going to Raduim Hot Springs for 2 or 3 nights as our minimoon. Then hopefully in November we will go on our honeymoon. My auntie is a travel agent and I've asked her to plan us a surprise honeymoon! I'm really excited to see where we end up going!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds like a great family trip! I hope you can do that one day soon! Smiley heart

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There was a time our honeymoon was going to be more like a family vacation. My sister, brother-in-law and all the kids were coming. We were thinking some all inclusive resort type of thing. Kids at kids camps for day and everyone together later 😆 maybe we'll be able to do it for our one year anniversary instead.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics