Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sabrina
Beginner June 2019 Quebec

Honeymoon on a budget?

Sabrina, on February 8, 2019 at 09:14 Posted in Honeymoon 0 5

Hi All,

hoping you could give me some recommendations on how to 'live our best life' by not sacrificing our plans for our budget. I realize that all inclusive resorts would potentially be the most cost effective honeymoon however, the majority of the areas (within a reasonable budget) have Zika and we would like to avoid that at this time. So basically the dream would be to go to Spain, but apparently just the flight from Montreal, Quebec, Canada is astronomical..

anyone have any suggestions ,tricks, or trips they've taken for their honeymoon that they'd recommend?

thank you!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Daniel, on February 27, 2019 at 08:31
  • Koryn
    Beginner May 2022 British Columbia
    Koryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is genius!!
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely look into flights before ruling out Spain, you may be able to get a cheaper flight if you go through Toronto. As for saving money once you pick a destination I definitely recommend looking into airbnbs. If you have an airbnb you can save money on accommodations and you have the option to cook some of your meals.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could totally do the USA:
    - Portland, OR (micro brews, bike tours and the Oregon coast - look up Cannon Beach)
    - San Diego, CA (Wine, zoos)
    - Sedona, AZ (Wineries, desert, hikes)
    - Miami, FL (Beaches)
    - Anna Maria Island, FL (quiet community on an island with wicked beach views!)

Depending on the type of honeymoon you two want, you could look up AirBnB or VRBO for an apartment/condo/house and make some of the meals at home to save money (breakfasts and some dinners). Happy Hour is your best friend, so hit them up! Split a main course with a couple of appetizers to save money. Only rent a car for the days you need to travel long distances, and use public transportation or uber for inner-city stuff.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you considered a Honeyfund registry? this allows you to have your guests contribute to your honeymoon instead of giving gifts!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about somewhere in America? They have some all inclusive resorts in Florida! Still sunny and warm and beaches but not too much travel and probably less expensive than an island!

Europe is expensive! Not just the flights and the hotel but food and transportation too! We went to Jamaica a few years ago for about $2500.00 for 5 days and it was excellent!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics