Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin
Super September 2019 Ontario

Honeymoon Officially Booked!

Erin, on December 20, 2018 at 14:10 Posted in Honeymoon 0 25

SO excited to check this off the list!

We are going on a cruise to the Mediterranean next October. It's a Norwegian, which I have heard is excellent. The cruise departs out of Venice and visits Dubrovnik and 5 Greek Islands! I can't wait!

25 Comments

Latest activity by Alycia, on January 24, 2019 at 18:56
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m so excited for you two!! Greece is another country on my bucket list so I can’t wait to hear all about it, post some pics for us!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my god amazing! Thanks so much!
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We only got to stay for a day, we were with a tour so we still saw a lot. If you can do a walking tour while your there, it’s so worth it. They have loads of information we used our guide to also find a super yummy pizza place for lunch. Pizza is a must, if you like pizza of course. We tried it every city we stopped in. Window shopping all the beautiful shops was fun too, Shops like Dior and Chanelle so that’s why I said window shop haha! But such a cool experience. Take lots of photos and see as much as you can. If you can get a tour of some of the islands, we saw Murano, famous for its glass making, and Burano their known for their lace, they also have the most beautiful coloured buildings.

BuranoHoneymoon Officially Booked! 1

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, Alycia!

Any recommendations for things we MUST DO in Venice? We're going a few days early to really explore the city!

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So excited for you! I’m still in the deciding stage, we went to Italy for two weeks in 2018 and loved it! Venice was beautiful, enjoy.

I’m considering a cruise or a resort, I can’t decide. Cruise is something I’ve been really wanting to try, I’ve heard only good things. Hope it’s lots of fun!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay! Go team! Have so much fun!
  • Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YAY!! Congrats!!

We are also doing a Norwegian cruise in the Mediterranean!!! (We are doing the Spain, Italy and France portion of the Mediterranean!). Ours is in August! We are really looking forward to it!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds amazing! You'll get to visit so many places! Smiley smile

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    October 2019 - 3 weeks after the wedding!
  • Amy Y
    Newbie September 2019 Manitoba
    Amy Y ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness! This is exactly what my husband to be and I want to do! So you are going October 2019 or 2020?

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds amazing! A friend of mine did the same thing and raved out about it!! You are going to have a blast!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We're also going to Venice early to explore! Congrats!
  • Samantha
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I are doing the same! Except spending a week before in Venice before we depart on Rhapsody of the Seas in June to the Greek isles for another week! Should be amazing!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds amazing! Europe is on my bucket list lol

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That will be amazing!! I am actually so excited for you! We went to Italy and Greece and is was the most amazing trip!

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Brilliant 😀 I think it sounds just great!
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay! We did Norwegian to Alaska in 2017 and have booked our honeymoon through them again (this time we're doing the Western Caribbean) at the end of January. We got the drinks and specialty dining packages as added perks as well! It's SO nice to be able to walk up and order any drink at any time and not worry about the cost cause it's already covered - and you can have an extra one or two cause there's no driving to worry about!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is EXACTLY why we picked it. We couldn't decide if we wanted something relaxing or more adventurous, and we figured this way it was a bit of both!
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How exciting for you!!! That is one that we are considering too. You get to see a lot of different places.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awesome! Sounds amazing! Definitely excited for you!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha, no, this is awesome!! We got a specialty dining package so the Teppanyaki is DEFINITELY on our list! We also got a booze package, so we get all our drinks for free, which is great!

If we like the cruise experience, we will most likely do it again. Alaksa is on the list, and so is the Caribbean.

Thanks for all your suggestions and I will certainly let you know if I have any other questions!!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOVE when a ship gets refurbished!!!

I have NOT done Europe. and it makes me so sad.

I've been to Alaska (I HIGHLY recommend it), west coast mexico, Eastern/Western/Southern Caribbean, Bermuda and Asia (Singapore and all the way easy to Japan).

if that ship has the Japanese/teppanyaki specialty restaurant. BOOK it!!! its AWESOME!! I've done it on 2 cruises now. and will every time I go. its an extra cost. but the amount of high quality food you get (and the fun show) is worth it. I had jumbo shrimp and filet mignon as my meat option.

Spice H20 zone is AWESOME! spent most of my time there. if they have a wine bar. go. and same with sugarcane (the mojito bar). dinner in the dining room is always fantastic (never do buffet for dinner. buffet breakkie and lunch. absolutely)

clearly it just sounds like I drink and eat a lot! hahhaha

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is awesome!! I was contemplating a cruise but we will have to look into it closer to the wedding and book it later as we won't be able to leave right after the wedding anyways. That cruise is going to make for some incredible pictures!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much!!! It's the Norwegian Star, which was just updated this year! I'm still looking into excursions and stuff.

Where have you cruised? Have you done the Mediterranean?

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YAAAHHH!!!!

NCL is an AMAZING cruise line!!! I worked for Royal Caribbean for 2 years on ships. and have cruised with them as a passenger. and our last 3 cruises were with NCL. LOVE THEM! they are fantastic!!!
    what ship are you on? what an awesome itinerary!

if you have never cruised...please feel free to message me. and I will gladly help you out Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics